SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RMRcc vs. 507k
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMRcc vs. 507k Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Thoughts on the two compact sights?

Side loading battery is the obvious plus for the Holosun.

Other pros/cons of each sight?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Thoughts on the two compact sights?

Side loading battery is the obvious plus for the Holosun.

Other pros/cons of each sight?

RMRcc has a proprietary mounting pattern that fits almost nothing that isn't custom milled. It doesn't fit the P365X/XL, the Glock 43X MOS, the Hellcat, or anything that is cut for the Shield RMSc.

It would be good on custom milled 1911 or other narrow slide pistol.

The 507K fits most RMSc pattern slides, except the Glock 43X MOS needs two of the recoil bosses milled down.

I have an RMRcc that I am not using. I wouldn't mind trying to use it on a riser for a PDW, or on an angle mount on an AR with a scope, but I haven't found any mounts.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have an RMRcc that I am not using. I wouldn't mind trying to use it on a riser for a PDW, or on an angle mount on an AR with a scope, but I haven't found any mounts.

I use https://www.trex-arms.com/prod...fle-upgrades/mounts/ for all my RMR & Holosun offset mounts. Very sturdy & work quite well.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Slide in question is custom milled for either footprint. Trying to decide between the two optics so I can order the slide, lol.

The Holosun is also $100 cheaper and does offer reticle options, as another data point I missed.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to remain loyal to the Trijicon line but, Holosun keeps knocking it out of the park. The easy battery swap being the winning option. I still haven't bought my own though, just trigger time on friends guns.

I'm confused on the comments about its mounting difficulties. I bought the RMRcc, the trijicon mounting plate and easily put them on my 365XL. My only advice there is to get some quality screws and toss the included ones. They are junk and will twist apart with little torque.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only argument against the 507K is that it's made in China. The 407K/507K use a relatively common footprint (modification of the footprint on some guns may be required due to different recoil boss dimensions), side load battery, multiple reticle system, red and green options, and an integrated crude rear sight notch that is usable if desired and ignorable if not.

The RMRcc uses a proprietary footprint, higher deck height, and bottom load battery. I believe it is also longer, making retaining iron sights on some subcompact pistols an issue. The higher deck height can be a problem with getting proper height sights for some guns.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Although originally an RMR guy I went 507K on my p365 and have no regrets and have since purchased a couple of other Holosuns, I like them.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I’d hold off for the Holosun EPS Carry.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've swapped out all Trijicon's for Holoson but still have one DPP on a G34.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
quote:

I use https://www.trex-arms.com/prod...fle-upgrades/mounts/ for all my RMR & Holosun offset mounts. Very sturdy & work quite well.

I do not see any RMRcc mounts here, only RMR. RMRcc and RMR have different patterns.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’ll spend an extra hundred and stick with Trijicon for my uses.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
507k, Trijicon really whiffed on the RMRcc. The RMRcc is perpetually on sale, you can tell they aren’t selling. This is despite the 365/43x/hellcat class pistol selling in record numbers.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Had a look and a demo of the new Eotech RMR (forgot the model name) - Leupold DeltaPoint footprint... one of the first dots that doesn't starburst with my eyes. I'm an RMR fan but, this one has my attention. Time will tell.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
Had a look and a demo of the new Eotech RMR (forgot the model name) - Leupold DeltaPoint footprint... one of the first dots that doesn't starburst with my eyes. I'm an RMR fan but, this one has my attention. Time will tell.

EFLX

https://www.eotechinc.com/eflx-mini-reflex-sight-mrs

I am still pissed at Eotech. May get over it someday.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
EFLX

Don't suppose that IT holds zero in temperature extremes...yeah, EOTech.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
EFLX

Don't suppose that IT holds zero in temperature extremes...yeah, EOTech.

While I appreciate the sentiment, any XPS series holosights are supposed to be good to go now and they seem to have gained some traction back in the LE market.

The EFLX is a different technology(traditional red dot instead of holographic), different application, and about ten years newer than the problem holographic sights.

So trying to pick at this product (which is indeed new and unproven) based on the HWS issues of ten years ago is about like not buying a new F150 because the Pinto was a deathtrap.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
507K in every way...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rmrcc has $100 rebate on them now which is very enticing for the rmrCc

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than the Trijicon name and the assumption that it will outlast the Holosun, the Holosun is better to me in every way. The side loading battery, the easy direct mounting, the lower height, the built in backup rear sight, reticle options. It’s built in China. Fuck. If this thing was built in Wichita nobody would buy the RMRcc. My opinion.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Holosun HS507C-X2 ACSS Vulcan (sold by primary arms) on my Staccato XL and Staccato P. I use the Holosun 407k (green dot) on my Staccato C2.

I have one Leupold Delta Point Pro remaining on a Glock 34.

I've sold all of my RMR's.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post