SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where to buy a P220 short reach hammer strut?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy a P220 short reach hammer strut? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
SIG does not sell them except as part of an E2 grip kit. None of the other sites have them in stock. There are some aftermarket versions, but they only come as part of a kit ($60-75) with the seat and spring I don't want. I've scoured the Internet for these. Any ideas? I want at least three because I have some P220s I want to put E2 or factory slim grips (I already have) onto.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
You might give Robert Burke/The Sig Armorer a call and see if he can help you out.

Posts: 18040 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Did that. Again, whole kit only.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying a whole E2 kit to get the strut a year or so ago.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of the Grayguns kits recently. Kinda expensive, but excellent attention to detail and they smooth out the trigger pull nicely.

Posts: 8595 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Did that. Again, whole kit only.

Did you contact him or just look on his site?

Posts: 18040 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Emailed him and he replied.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what exactly the short reach hammer strut does, but it looks like Top Gun Supply sells them. They are currently out of stock. I’d probably just buy the whole kit if I needed Sig has the kit listed $39.95 and the best price is saw for the strut was $22. If that option doesn’t work, I would reach out to Gray Guns to see if they have or could make something comparable. I have put the GGI hammer struts in all my classic P series with the exception of my P220.

Best of luck on your search.

Posts: 2964 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post