SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old School Revolver Lovers: Custom Stocks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old School Revolver Lovers: Custom Stocks Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I've got a set of Fuzzy Farrant stocks (Ebony) on my factory 3" barreled, Colt Python. Looking back to the mid-1980's, I wish I'd taken the opportunity to buy some others when I saw them offered at King's Gun Works in Glendale (CA).

Being a fan of Sketter Skelton, how could I not order a set of his favorite "Bear Hug" stocks from Deacon Deason and dress up my S&W Model 24-3 with them?

Fuzzy's grips bring stupid money now,

I picked up an estate 6 yrs ago that had a box with about 7 sets, and was amazed at how much they went for

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10433 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
The fact that this 27-3 was wearing what I was pretty sure were Bear Hug Grips might or might not have influenced its recent purchase. Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pic available, but Grashorns elk antler grips on my j frame with a Tyler t grip are the bomb. Wish Esmeralda still offered j frame grips as well, beautiful work there.

Posts: 1633 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:

That thing is gorgeous...congrats on another nice S&W pickup. Those grips are just icing on the cake!

Posts: 8616 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump for a really nice set of photos in this thread. Thank you all for sharing. Big Grin

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:

That thing is gorgeous...congrats on another nice S&W pickup. Those grips are just icing on the cake!

Thank you, man!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Hurst and Fuzzy Farrant get a lot more interest for their grips than Guy Hogue does. I think it's because Hurst and Farrant only made grips for a shorter period of time than Guy Hogue did.
Guy turned his side business into a fulltime enterprise that thrives today.
This is a pair of Houge grips for Colt E/I frame with a hand written letter to the customer.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post