SIGforum
P365 w/ Manual Safety

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5990078754

June 15, 2019, 09:39 AM
Sig Dale
P365 w/ Manual Safety
I picked one up last night with a build date of May 24th and it is a nice little gun.

Question to anyone out there with the manual safety version...Can you engage the safety before the striker is cocked?

The manual states (page 20-22) that you can engage the safety with the slide closed but I cannot engage the safety unless I have racked the slide and the striker is engaged. Anyone have the same issue ?

Also, the take down is incredibly hard to rotate...damn near lost a chunk out of my finger trying to rotate it to give it a initial cleaning. I don't know how many test rounds they shoot at the factory but this gun was filthy .

I believe it will be a great pocket EDC and will replace my 938 as soon as I run it and I am comfortable that it is good to go.

Any info on the safety issue...if it is one...is appreciated.

Yea...I know...I don't need a safety...haha !
June 15, 2019, 10:11 AM
Fundman
The striker must be cocked to put the safety on. Watch this video from a Sig rep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_vfZ0a-FE
June 15, 2019, 02:53 PM
NK402
Mine has a May 29 build date. No problems with controls. I suspect any that are stiff will loosen with lubrication and use. The fact that safety can be applied only when the gun is cocked, seems logical to me.
June 15, 2019, 03:54 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Dale:

Also, the take down is incredibly hard to rotate...damn near lost a chunk out of my finger trying to rotate it to give it a initial cleaning.

It will improve with use. Hold the slide stop up (lock back the slide) as you rotate the takedown lever. Makes it easier.
June 15, 2019, 04:37 PM
Sig Dale
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
The striker must be cocked to put the safety on. Watch this video from a Sig rep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_vfZ0a-FE

Thanks for the video !
Surprised the manual is wrong twice as it lists the ability 2 different times and it is one of the first steps they have for clearing the gun.

I cleaned it and left the slide open and worked the take down as suggested too. cant wait to shoot it and I am already thinking I will add another quickly.

Cargo shorts and a Nemesis holster and this thing is a ghost !
June 15, 2019, 07:04 PM
Hatchee
Well, they are 1/2 correct. The safety can be engaged with the slide closed after you have racked it one time....with or without chambering a round. Perhaps that is what they meant.

I applied a liberal amount of grease to the slide then put 300 rounds thru mine. It does feel a bit easier to slide now.

I added a Hogue grip and it reduced the perceived recoil a fair amount and allows me to get a better grip.
June 15, 2019, 07:53 PM
NK402
The gun doesn't know whether or not you have chambered a round. It's not psychic. All it knows is that you have cocked the hammer so it may be a good time to allow the safety to be deployed. If the hammer is not cocked, there is no need for the safety to be on.
June 15, 2019, 08:56 PM
ARH19456
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
The gun doesn't know whether or not you have chambered a round. It's not psychic. All it knows is that you have cocked the hammer so it may be a good time to allow the safety to be deployed. If the hammer is not cocked, there is no need for the safety to be on.
Are you sure? I thought Sigs knew these things!
June 15, 2019, 10:24 PM
NK402
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
quote:

You 're confusing them with Glocks.
June 15, 2019, 10:37 PM
ARH19456
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
quote:

You 're confusing them with Glocks.
Really, Glocks know? My Glocks are stupid. Stupid reliable, stupid easy to maintain, and stupid accurate.
June 16, 2019, 10:41 AM
Fundman
If you want to be as safe as possible and chamber the first round with the safety already on, the trick seems to be to rack the slide and cock the striker with the magazine removed. Then engage the safety, insert the loaded magazine, and rack the slide again.
June 16, 2019, 06:44 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
If you want to be as safe as possible and chamber the first round with the safety already on, the trick seems to be to rack the slide and cock the striker with the magazine removed. Then engage the safety, insert the loaded magazine, and rack the slide again.

I had to read that six times, but I think I got what you're trying to say.
June 16, 2019, 06:54 PM
Sig Dale
quote:

Thanks... that makes perfect sense
June 16, 2019, 09:45 PM
Mountain Walker
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Dale:

Also, the take down is incredibly hard to rotate...damn near lost a chunk out of my finger trying to rotate it to give it a initial cleaning.
. If take down lever is stiff, I will use a bit of plastic like a toothbrush handle to push against the take down lever and save my fingers.