SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger LC9 Holster Suggestions - Non-IWB/OWB
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LC9 Holster Suggestions - Non-IWB/OWB Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
With TX passing Constitutional Carry, my wife is wanting to start carrying her LC9. She's planning on getting her LTC also, but she's getting into chaos season at work (retail).

She doesn't typically dress in a manner conducive to IWB or OWB, so am trying to think of concealed alternatives.

My first thought was some sort of belly band holster.

Suggestions/alternatives?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
If she can, a belly, (fanny) pack is great. I wore a small one with my 225 for years. If she wants, she can even wear a baggy shirt to cover it. I doesn't necessarily have to be one made for handguns. Look into it.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Check out Armed and Styled on YT. The girl on the channel (I think her name is Tessa) is 5'0", 105 lbs and covers pros & cons of all kinds of carry options she's tried, including belly bands. I believe her favorite concealment holster is the PHLster Enigma. Her favorite carry guns are G48 and P365X w/ RDS.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Will check that out. Doesn't look like the Enigma has a model for the LC9

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
LC9 pocket carries pretty good with the flat plate on the mag. If she can wear pants at work.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:
LC9 pocket carries pretty good with the flat plate on the mag. If she can wear pants at work.

Most of her pants have pockets that are on the no side of barely for holding a cell phone, so the LC is highly unlikely for pocket carry & would be near impossible to draw.

Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:

Most of her pants have pockets that are on the no side of barely for holding a cell phone, so the LC is highly unlikely for pocket carry & would be near impossible to draw.

She may have to alter her wardrobe to "dress around the gun", whatever she decides.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
First person I thought of was Lena Miculek. She has a recent Instagram post with a comfort concealment belt.

https://www.comfort-concealment.com/

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
She doesn't typically dress in a manner conducive to IWB or OWB, so am trying to think of concealed alternatives.

Does she wear a jacket, like, for example, with a business suit? Bing Images - business suits for women A shoulder holster under the jacket might work. The LC9 is a slender and flat gun, but a snug-fitting jacket may need the arm hole let out.

The corneredcat.com website is geared toward women (but is just as viable for men) and may have carry tips.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Does she wear a jacket, like, for example, with a business suit? Bing Images - business suits for women A shoulder holster under the jacket might work. The LC9 is a slender and flat gun, but a snug-fitting jacket may need the arm hole let out.

The corneredcat.com website is geared toward women (but is just as viable for men) and may have carry tips.

No, just not typical CCW fit clothes.
She works for a small e-commerce jewelry company & their dress code is pretty lax.
Most of her jeans are of the 'skinny' variety & have little to no pocket space. Otherwise, dresses/skirts & yoga-style pants/leggings.

All of this was what had me originally thinking belly band-style, or similar.