SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sometimes You Ask Yourself, MY God What Have I done! (new grips inside)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sometimes You Ask Yourself, MY God What Have I done! (new grips inside) Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I absolutely HATED those wooden grips that came on my vintage Colt.

I searched and found a set of factory hard rubber that were never installed and have them set to one side, cause I found a set of the same vintage of mother of commode seat as the gun. I researched and true abalone and mother of pearl was actually all the rage for GEN1 guns in the 1890's.

So a Roy Rogering it is.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in a New Orleans grave yard, there is a 140 year old pimp spinning in his grave.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScreamingCockatoo,

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39757 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Do they call you the "San Saba Songbird" now?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Somewhere in a New Orleans grave yard, there is a 140 year old pimp spinning gin his grave.

And George S. Patton is snorting in derision from his grave. Wink

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Cool!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
But Brit Ponsett would approve...

(I listened to an episode of The Six Shooter on XM radio today.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!!!

Put some new wood on my 5 shooter and it doesn't look nearly that good.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gene and Roy and Hoppy would approve. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not bad. I kinda like it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down...

Seriously. I am the first to reference David Byrne and Company?

On a gun-related note, I like the look.

I've been tempted to change grips on my blackhawk or single-six, but I have yet to get grips for a blackhawk frame that didn't need finessing to have a smooth/seamless fit with no raised sections.

I am not confident in my ability to dress down any other material and then refinish it properly.

Wood- I am good with that.

[Same as it EVER was...]

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it a lot. That leather is pretty fantastic as well.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's definitely a look...

Think I would've went with an ebony or buffalo horn as I like that smooth black grip look. I like the case hardened over blue, but pearl just ain't for me. I do own a vaquero in a similar configuration, but I bought it with the grips simply because the action was so well done.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Somewhere in a New Orleans grave yard, there is a 140 year old pimp spinning gin his grave.

And George S. Patton is snorting in derision from his grave. Wink

Absolutely

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no quarrel with that look!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post