SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK usp vs HK 45
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK usp vs HK 45 Login/Join 
posted
Pros Cons on these 45s do i NEED both❓❓❓

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well1147:
Pros Cons on these 45s do i NEED both❓❓❓

Stupid question. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I much prefer the grip of the HK45. Other than that it's basically a toss up for me. They are both nice pistols.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Both excellent pistols. Can't go wrong with either. All comes down to your preference. Had both, when I was into HK pistols. The USP looks better to me and feels better in my grip. If it weren't for the lousy DA/SA triggers of the HK pistols, I probably would still have at least one of them. Even their match triggers in the Elite, Expert, and Tactical series are just good, and nowhere near excellent.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I prefer the few of the USP series. The only .45 that I have by HK though is the Mark 23, which essentially is a pre-USP. It has a very good to excellent SA trigger IMHO. DA is heavy but smooth. I know you didn’t ask about the Mark 23, but sometimes searching for something ends up taking a different turn and can end up inspiring a new desire that was not previously on your radar. I find this expensive, though enjoyable. You really can’t go wrong with either of the two you are interested in, however.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I be kick'n it olde skewl in the H&K-Guy crib. Me likes me the USPs. More capacity, easy to improve the trigger, dead nuts accurate, and built like a tank. What's not to love.

But yeah, get both, 'n' stuff.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
USP 45. In case someone takes your briefcase.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The HK45 is a much thinner pistol than the USPf 45

The HK45 carries 10 rounds of 45ACP in a flush fit magazine while the wider USPf 45 carried 14 rounds in a flush fit magazine.

The HK USPf 45 magazines are artificially reduced in capacity to 12 rounds by VERY long follower legs.

Changing to a different follower will increase the magazine capacity

The full size 45ACP USP is also available as a Expert, Elite or Match using the same magazine and grip dimensions

Both the HK45 and USPf 45 are available in tactical versions

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I prefer the USP to the HK45. I ended up buying a USP45 and a USP45 Tactical LE. I think HK makes the best polymer .45acp pistols.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great movie scene. I like the USP Expert.

Posts: 243 | Location: OH | Registered: January 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have both. I like both. They each have their particular advantages. However, if I had to choose one, it would be the USP in 45. It is more robust, can use 12 round mags and is more modular in its fire controls. While it comes with an ancient proprietary rail, a GGG adapter brings it to standard. If the grip feels too blocky, a Hogue slip-on sleeve will give more friction and contour. Every advantage the HK45 has over the USP can be remedied with a few inexpensive mods while the same cannot be said for the HK45. They are both kool pistolas which deliver on their reputation.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by colt_saa:
The HK45 is a much thinner pistol than the USPf 45

The HK45 carries 10 rounds of 45ACP in a flush fit magazine while the wider USPf 45 carried 14 rounds in a flush fit magazine.

The HK USPf 45 magazines are artificially reduced in capacity to 12 rounds by VERY long follower legs.

What other brand/style follower did you use?

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with darthfuster. I have both. I like the USP better. I'm not likely to care about the mag capacity difference, but if I did live in a State that had a limit it might matter. I don't care about the operating system differences as I've never bothered to change it on either, but if you don't like the version you are buying you want a USP as you can change it. But if you want colors you have to get a HK45. in the end pick one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I can only speak to the HK45C vs USPc 45.

They are both spectacular handguns but I like the USP a little more. Slightly better trigger, grips more solidly in the hand and feels a bit smaller. It does subjectively feel a bit more robust.

That say I would say the HK45c is a bit more intrinsically accurate.

My next gun will be a USP 45 full size.

All of my HKs are spectacular defensive firearms. I love them all.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS just had a 45 USP Expert. It only took me a few minutes to make the plunge. Always wanted an Expert. Nice shooting gun. I have USPc’s, P2000, USP Combat Competition and the match trigger on this one is nice. It is what sealed the deal for me. I need one in 9 now.

Posts: 7504 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow I've never heard this before. I would also like to know what followers are recommended.

Posts: 130 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woof:
quote:

Wow I've never heard this before. I would also like to know what followers are recommended.

I had the same issue with some CZ mags. I just trimmed a bit off myself. If you mess it up factory followers are cheap.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woof:
quote:

Many years ago I noticed that the Para Ordnance 14 round magazines had the same dimensions as the 12 round HK mags.

Followers for the Para maags were plentiful from aftermarket suppliers back then so I ordered some. Different versions of the follower will allow 13 or 14 rounds to be loaded. Truthfully, I forgot which brand worked the best but I have 8-12 of the 14 round flush fit magazines and 6 of the 26 round magazine versions using the Kriss style magazine extensions

The Kriss style extensions allow virtually double capacity of both the HK45 and USPf OEM magainzes. I think that style conversion is also available for the USPc in 9MM or 357/40, but I forgot how many rounds it adds

This message has been edited. Last edited by: colt_saa,

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be the token dissenter. I have the HK45 and absolutely love it. Mine has the LEM trigger, which makes it good but not great. The pistol is very accurate and runs like a top as I have zero malfunctions through 1,100 rds including a few different types of hollow points. A friend has a USP and I like that too, but not as much as the HK45. I am more accurate with the HK45 and I like the fact it has a 1913 rail and I don’t have to buy a rail adapter. I think if I went the USP route, it would be with and Elite or Expert model, not that I am either one of those. This is just my opinion.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post