SIGforum
You will buy a Glock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5941074751

May 25, 2021, 09:20 PM
Dyingtime
You will buy a Glock
Well been wanting one for a while an picked up a new 19X. I really like this on.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"
May 26, 2021, 06:40 AM
Chowser
Ordered 4/1. Arrived yesterday.

Cleaned and inspected. Logged into inventory and thrown on the chief’s desk. It’s his problem now.

Not minority enough!
June 05, 2021, 02:22 PM
Rexster
Well, when I went to a local police equipment dealer, to see if there might be any G26 pistols available, there was a Short Frame G30s in the display case. I would have been 14th, on a waiting list, for a G26. To make a long story short, this was the first time I had handled a Short Frame Glock, and I found that it fit me very well. I returned the next day, to find the Short Frame G30s still available, so, I bought it. A lucky day, as these are rare birds. Smile

Have Colts, will travel
June 05, 2021, 02:37 PM
sns3guppy
I have a G30SF; I prefer the short frame. The Gen 4 pistols, without the backstrap, are the same as the short-frame gen-3, so far as dimensions.
June 06, 2021, 07:10 AM
Blume9mm
Just to be contrary.. the best thing I've found out about Glocks over Sigs is you have more choices in Green laser guide rods from LaserMax.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
June 09, 2021, 08:43 PM
Rexster
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have a G30SF; I prefer the short frame. The Gen 4 pistols, without the backstrap, are the same as the short-frame gen-3, so far as dimensions.

At a local gun store, today, I handled a G30 Gen4, which I found to have a different grip shape than the Gen3 Short Frame, but you are right about it being dimensionally similar, as my trigger finger was able to index the same on the trigger face. One notable difference, in my hands, is that the Gen4 would be a better right-handed gun, and the Short Frame is a better left-handed gun, as my hands are not mirror-image identical. I will not, however, be shooting any G30 much with my aging, gimpy right hand. (I will do all of my right-handed Glock training with full-sized-grip 9mm “orthopedic” Glocks.)

Yes, I bought the Gen4 G30. Two .45 ACP Glocks in two consecutive weeks.

Have Colts, will travel
June 09, 2021, 09:12 PM
jsbcody
Ordered a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS. It should be at my FFL tomorrow. I have a Holosun 507 and night sights arriving on Friday.
June 11, 2021, 11:27 PM
lkdr1989
Got my Glock 17M today!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
June 12, 2021, 05:02 PM
jsjac
Well it happened again.
I got a Glock 23 gen5 MOS and it now wears a RMR now.
Need to get a Vedder light tuck holster for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsjac,
June 12, 2021, 07:07 PM
WaterburyBob
This thread started 12 years ago with a number of people insisting they would never buy a Glock.
It seems like now this has become the 'look at my Glock' thread.

Are there still people that are dead set against Glocks?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
June 12, 2021, 07:39 PM
hrcjon
in my beginning for me there was glock in .40 lots and lots of learning rounds. Then there was competition and there were long slide glocks first in .40 and then mostly in 9. And then there were optics on long slide glocks originally in the carver mount above slide mount but eventually milled. Then there was the learning that the long slide didn't mean squat on an optic gun and we were back to 17's and 34's and then G5 arrived and my hand was super happy and milled 19x and g45 was truly a thing of beauty for everything. And then there was the ammo shortage and looking at my ammo stocks I see I have more .40 than any wholesaler and there is now new G5 22 and G23 MOS running in matches. Full circle.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
June 12, 2021, 10:36 PM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Then there was the learning that the long slide didn't mean squat on an optic gun

Yeah, I even tried to prove the recoil impulse would be smoother On the 34 and that would be make the 34 superior.. Simply isn’t true.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

June 13, 2021, 08:01 AM
Benderx4
Well I finally gave in and bought one .......... for my son. (But I never touched it.)
June 14, 2021, 04:27 PM
LincolnSixEcho
Finally got my Holosun 507c ACSS reticle in and mounted. Time for a range session!

June 14, 2021, 05:07 PM
mutedblade
Hey, I’ve got one of those too

June 14, 2021, 05:23 PM
LincolnSixEcho
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Hey, I’ve got one of those too

^^^^^Nice! Did you use a C and H plate too?
June 14, 2021, 05:39 PM
mutedblade
I grabbed a Forward Control Designs base. So far I’m liking it. Time will tell how it all holds up. Next up is some Trijicon’s

June 14, 2021, 06:31 PM
parabellum

June 20, 2021, 10:42 AM
jsbcody
Picked up another G17 (have a G17 Gen3 with custom grip frame and a G17 Gen 5 set up like my duty pistol for non-department training and competition), this time, G17 Gen5 MOS. I put a Holosun 507 on it. I have a G19 MOS with another Holosun 507 on it that is doing time as my EDC. It is set up like mutedblade's and LincolnSixEcho's in the photos above. Once I lose another ten to fifteen pounds, I will be going to appendix carry (the "spare tire" is still a bit too big for comfort right now).

Yes, the Dark Side is good. Big Grin
June 20, 2021, 11:20 AM
Anubismp
I converted my 19 from a 507 to a 509T and I'm loving it. Fully enclosed magic.