SIGforum
You will buy a Glock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5941074751

March 06, 2020, 09:46 PM
Ryanp225
You will buy a Glock
Glock, please make a 45acp version of the G45 that accepts G21 mags.
March 07, 2020, 06:17 AM
divil
2 weeks ago I bought a Ruger 9mm carbine and a new Gen4 G17.
March 07, 2020, 08:36 AM
limblessbiff
I used to hate Glocks until I shot one with a new trigger/sights on it. So I ended up trading my P30sk for a gen 5 G-19 and after a couple upgrades I shoot it better than I do my Beretta M9, I can hit an Idpa plate at 100 yards no problem which really surprises me. I damn near shoot it as well as I do my 229
March 07, 2020, 08:55 AM
Orive 8
I have definitely bought a few Glocks over the years. Since 2005 my primary EDC gun has been a Glock 19, have owned more than a few of them - different Gens, styles, colors, etc...

Yesterday I sold off my last two Glock 19s, both Gen 4 front serrations models. I really liked this version of the 19 but I have found something that fits ME better; the Shadow Systems MR918. I have three of them now and am going to start carrying one on a daily basis. REALLY like this gun.

I still own one Glock, a Glock 26 that I found in the used case at my range, it had a grip reduction and stippling job that fit me perfectly. First 26 that I have really liked.

So, the one Glock that I have left, is a 26 - a model that I have never really cared for. Life is funny sometimes. Confused

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
March 07, 2020, 06:17 PM
Voshterkoff
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

That would be awesome for a .460R conversion.
March 08, 2020, 10:24 AM
wrightd
I still haven't bought a Glock though I know I should. I said this previously in this thread, but I missed the annual update. I should put a tickler in my calendar for this date next year.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
March 08, 2020, 07:08 PM
Swordknives
I keep hearing the call of a G29 resisting is hard.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
March 08, 2020, 07:16 PM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I still haven't bought a Glock though I know I should. I said this previously in this thread, but I missed the annual update. I should put a tickler in my calendar for this date next year.

I hesitated way to long and it cost me years of frustration and expense, I was just too stubborn saying I will never buy a plastic gun. Knowing what I know today I would buy a 43x bunch of shield 15 round mags uplula loader. second choice would be G19 gen 5. Honestly my shooting improved drastically over night, I was doing all the right things just not with the right gun.
March 08, 2020, 07:25 PM
Shotgun Zeke
I damned near caved but I stuck with the P series Sigs, P320 included then I went back to the classics... P239 is my latest acquisition.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor
March 09, 2020, 12:12 AM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
I damned near caved but I stuck with the P series Sigs, P320 included then I went back to the classics... P239 is my latest acquisition.

You're missing out been thru all those sigs, just try it, you can always sell it.
April 19, 2020, 03:18 PM
Cookster
I came across this Paul Harrell video titled Top Ten Tips for Pandemic Gun Buyers to pass along to some non gun owning friends who are asking me for gun-buying advice during these times of Wuhan Virus hysteria.

Yes, you guessed it, at approx. 30:20 Harrell begins to explain the reasons why you should “Go buy a Glock”.

At approx. 36:40 Harrell shows off his new favorite carry weapon which will be familiar to many members here.

April 20, 2020, 11:41 AM
TikritTourist
Why am I lusting after a G42 so badly?
Too big for what it is designed for...
Capacity too low...
G43 nearly the same size, with a more "effective" caliber...
Jams with weak range ammo...

But dammit... I'm getting one!

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim
April 20, 2020, 03:00 PM
monoblok
Definitely A LOT of people were recently buying Glocks. Thanks to the stay-at-home, preexisting conditions stuff I've been shut down for the past three weeks from the shop so I haven't checked to see what's available, but then it was damn near impossible to find ANY Glocks aside from the 10rd Iron Curtain versions, even in 40S&W.

As for myself; I'm still very much a Glock guy since I last posted here as soggy_spinout. But since the laws changed 'round here I'm good with what I got, whole pistol-wise that is. More frames...definitely a possibility, however. Never can have enough projects. And not one who's worried about mismatched S/Ns and all those kinds of silly stuff.

-MG

-MG
April 20, 2020, 03:51 PM
dehughes
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Capacity too low...

My wife has a Glock 42 and I must admit, I did enjoy shooting it and think it is the perfect carry piece for her. And I may or may not have carried it once...

April 20, 2020, 06:16 PM
Micropterus
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

It's not quite the same, but you could always get a Glock 30 and use G21 mags and an X Grip. The Glock 30 is by no means a sub compact gun. The G30 slide is essentially the same length as a G19 slide.

April 20, 2020, 11:05 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Capacity too low...

My wife has a Glock 42 and I must admit, I did enjoy shooting it and think it is the perfect carry piece for her. And I may or may not have carried it once...

My wife has a G42 as well.
We got it before the G43s came out.

Vickers mag release and mag base made it pretty sweet..

Didn't like the Pearce base at all..

April 20, 2020, 11:17 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
The Glock 30 is by no means a sub compact gun. The G30 slide is essentially the same length as a G19 slide.

Indeed..
A few pics of my (since sold) G30S, same slide length as a G30, and my (will never part with) Gen 2 G19.

April 21, 2020, 08:08 AM
rat2306
^^ A couple of posts up, that's what I've done for my G30 also, X-Grip adapters and G21 mags. Feels fantastic in the hand.
April 26, 2020, 08:50 PM
Beretta92
I have found myself again with a couple Glocks
Currently have a Glock 26 Gen 4 9mm & a Glock 24 Gen 3 40 S&W
Want either a G42/G43 or a SIG Sauer P365
In fact I am going to go look tomorrow @ a P365 marked $420 if it has X-Ray3s & two magazines it may be coming home..
Doubt that it'll be any better a carry gun than my S&W Shield 2.0 though. I have given this pistol to my twin brother who had a stroke & lives in my basement.. My youngest Son I gave the Glock 26 too.
I picked up a Taurus 85CH revolver on 4/3/20 for my Wife, It's been three weeks since my last purchase.
I didn't get stimulated..

I think I might actually stimulate myself with a SIG Sauer P365 or a Ruger 10/22

NO PICTURES SORRY
April 26, 2020, 09:01 PM
ifithitu
I have a small family of Glock's,said I was going to only buy one.Well I lied I bought five.
1.Gen.3 G 17 9mm
2.G 42 380
3.Gen.3 G 21 45 Auto.
4.Gen.4 G 40 10mm
5.G 48 9mm