SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX Copperhead trigger question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Copperhead trigger question Login/Join 
posted
I recently bought an MPX Copperhead, and am not happy with how the trigger feels.
I'd like to upgrade, and saw that Geissele offers a trigger and multiple springs for the MPX.
This however isn't the "Copperhead". I asked the people at Geissele, and the guy responded he didn't know, and to ask the community.
This is the trigger in question. https://geissele.com/super-mpx...-curved-trigger.html
TIA

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 08, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
It will work fine.

I've been running regular AR-15 triggers in mine since 2015. I even ran a Franklin Armory binary trigger in mine for the first 4 or 5 years.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appreciate you.

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 08, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one I don't need.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been running regular AR-15 triggers in mine since 2015.

I know results vary on this. but I have broken several (geissele if it matters) std. AR triggers in my MPX's. I wouldn't recommend anyone use one versus an MPX specific trigger. But of course YMMV...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using the MPX-rated 2-stage Timney drop in in my MPX, and have shot the carbine MPX that comes from SIG with the single-stage Timney. Both are each excellent quality upgrades over the standard MPX trigger that will work just fine in the Copperhead.

As for using standard-spec AR triggers: I know a couple of guys who have had good luck running AR-spec triggers in their MPXs. But SIG, Geissele and others have flatly stated that any replacement trigger should be strong enough to be up the harsher beating that the MPX's action subjects the trigger components to. Some companies like Hiperfire have AR triggers in their lineup that they proclaim are already rated and suited for use in the MPX and other AR-derived pistol caliber platforms.

-MG

Posts: 1997 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post