SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Pistol From Kel-Tec: The P15
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pistol From Kel-Tec: The P15 Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Well this is something different from them, I don't think they've ever done a striker-fired pistol before?

If you are just here to shit on KT products, please keep moving...

quote:

The KelTec P15 is a striker-fired, polymer pistol that weighs only 14oz and boasts a 15+1 capacity right out of the box. It’s the lightest, thinnest double-stack 9mm handgun on the market. The P15 is an excellent choice for concealed carry. This pistol offers plenty of dependable firepower to secure your world.

Keltec P15

KelTec Announces Its First Striker-Fired Pistol, the New P15 9mm With 15-Round Magazine

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
If you are just here to shit on KT products, please keep moving...
I....

Okay. Frown

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
If I were in the market for a not-glock glock, I'd look at this well before I'd look at some of the imported not-glocks.

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Definitely interesting, to me.
"Thinnest double-stack"? Be curious to see one in person.
Curious what the MSRP will be on them.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sho is fugly

The back end of the slide looks to be plastic, guessing firing mechanism and firing pin are in there

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Sho is fugly

The back end of the slide looks to be plastic, guessing firing mechanism and firing pin are in there

Over on KTOG, they're speculating that the polymer-looking rear section may give way to swappable/modular options like an optics mount.

Also read that this is effective replacing the P11, PF9 & P3AT which are all discontinued or slated for end-life.

Posts: 15263 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not as ugly as the rest of their line-up.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

The KelTec P15 is a striker-fired, polymer pistol that weighs only 14oz and boasts a 15+1 capacity right out of the box. It’s the lightest, thinnest double-stack 9mm handgun on the market. The P15 is an excellent choice for concealed carry. This pistol offers plenty of dependable firepower to secure your world.

Hmmm. I wonder how it'll compare to a Glock 48 with those Shield mags.

Posts: 17107 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, it sure has that Kel-Tec "look"!

quote:
Also read that this is effective replacing the P11, PF9 & P3AT which are all discontinued or slated for end-life.

The P11 and the PF9 I get, but why the P3AT? Seems like a completely different form-factor, and a different caliber. I remember when the P3AT was the .380 to have...did Ruger steal their lunch that bad with the LCP that they're just giving up, or do they have something else in the works? Because this sure doesn't seem like a suitable replacement.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm not up on Kel-tecs but if that is not their ugliest pistol then I'm very glad I'm not familiar with the others.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks cool, similar to my PMR30, which is light and has a decent enough ergos and trigger.

At least its a USA company with the plant here in FL making the product so there is that.

CMR33 is pretty cool as well, have one of those, the P3AT I had early on never failed, ugly, poor construction, yep, work, yes...

Still want a P17 but it's unobtainium unless you want to drop $400 for a $199 msrp pistol.

Made a mistake an kept putting a Sub2000 back down, used to be sub $400, not anymore.

if it's like most Kel-Tec items it will sell out fast, be hard to find and over priced for 3 years...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of Torx head screws! Thats interesting.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16066 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allen head

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Pretty obvious that it will take a shorter slide.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KelTec tries things no one else will. That’s a good thing. How the execution in engineering and industrial design are often lacking. I’ve tried owning them twice.

The “innovation” I see here is a return to the grip safety. That could be a better solution than a manual safety on a striker gun

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Someone on FB did a cut down compact/carry version.. Looks pretty good

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not bad, maybe that's the plan for the P3AT replacement?

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
The “innovation” I see here is a return to the grip safety. That could be a better solution than a manual safety on a striker gun

I'll agree with that. I won't carry a gun with a manual safety that I have to manually disengage, but a grip safety, if properly designed, is automatically disengaged when you establish your grip. Best of both worlds, IMO. I've never had a problem with one, although I haven't had much experience with them outside of 1911s and a few XDs.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I really doubt the P3AT is going away here.

This looks to me like the replacement for the PF9 as someone mentioned before.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Lots of Torx head screws! Thats interesting.

That's how Kel-Tec does things; they mold two clamshell-type halves and screw them together with Allen screws. I don't think any other gunmaker does that, do they?

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post