SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Think I scored a good mag deal
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think I scored a good mag deal Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
I was looking for a part on EBAY and stumbled on this. I think its a great deal...

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First rule of a steal...don’t tell others you got away with it!

Great find, that is a heckuva buy!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 670 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
First rule of a steal...don’t tell others you got away with it!

Great find, that is a heckuva buy!

I just realized it said MAG and not MAGS. That was for one, so not a good deal.

I just requested to cancel it.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was getting ready too say, what makes you think they are selling more than one at a time. Wink

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
I canceled it within an hour of placing it as specified in EBAY rules. I also sent the seller a message at the same time I canceled it because I thought it was 4 mags, not 1.

Today he ships it and says he didnt see the messages in time. Im not buying it. He is refusing to even let me send it back to him.

Ugggg.

posted Hide Post
sent you a email

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinaz:
Today he ships it and says he didnt see the messages in time. Im not buying it. He is refusing to even let me send it back to him.

Hey, if the guy is shady from the start, by listing a mis-leading ebay ad, what makes you think he's not going to make it difficult all the way to the end? He's done hooked you and is now going to play dumb.
I wonder what his feedback rating is?

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
With Ebay all you have to do is request a return and say the item was not as described. Ebay will take care of it. If the seller does not cooperate Ebay will refund you and charge him. If you send it back be sure it is tracked and you can prove it was delivered. Start the process by requesting a refund in the Ebay system.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by billinaz:

Hey, if the guy is shady from the start, by listing a mis-leading ebay ad, what makes you think he's not going to make it difficult all the way to the end? He's done hooked you and is now going to play dumb.
I wonder what his feedback rating is?

He actually said that he is sick of people buying HK mags and trying to fit them into a 1911.

I told him that using mobile it wasnt clear that the auction was for one and not 4 mags.

Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
With Ebay all you have to do is request a return and say the item was not as described. Ebay will take care of it. If the seller does not cooperate Ebay will refund you and charge him. If you send it back be sure it is tracked and you can prove it was delivered. Start the process by requesting a refund in the Ebay system.

What I have found is that by reusing the delivery and having it returned to sender is considered not to have been delivered by paypal dispute resolution.

They can fight it all they want but in the end, they find in your favor because you never got the package.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Make no mistake about it, selling one mag but showing four is not an accident. Even if the price was good I wouldn't deal with someone like that.

Posts: 21115 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
You were joyous when you thought you were the one screwing the seller.
Then you actually read the ad.:-(

Many ads are presented the same way for all sorts of products, tricky, but not misleading.

It just shows the guy has 4 mags to sell.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, the word was magazine, not magazines.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
If he sends the mag via U.S. Postal Service, false advertising is also ... "Mail Fraud".

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who thinks $43.50 shipped for a single P220 mag is a fair price? Confused

I mean, I've found better, but $43.50 is not terrible. On top of that, they're pretty hard to find right now.

Posts: 3187 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Am I the only one who thinks $43.50 shipped for a single P220 mag is a fair price? Confused

I mean, I've found better, but $43.50 is not terrible. On top of that, they're pretty hard to find right now.

No I was thinking the same thing. I also read the ad as a single magazine and originally couldn’t understand what the enthusiasm from the OP.

I mean is it a STEAL? No but it’s not horrible either. More or less a fair price especially in today’s world. I mean the shipping is a rip but all in if that is the worst “fleecing” you’ve ever had then you are doing pretty well. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7687 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:

Many ads are presented the same way for all sorts of products, tricky, but not misleading.

Bob

Just how am I screwing the seller if he offered 4 mags for a great price?

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob

while I don't want to slight the OP,

I do sell a crapton of stuff on ebay and did list some with muliple quantities shown in the pic, and at a buy it now with quantity listed,

several thought they were getting all of them,

several said they wanted the 3rd from left if available,

so I stopped,

now if I have multiple I will load all 12 pics but not necessarily all 12 of the same item, and note that in the listing,

I usually make sure the worst one is pictured and it still confuses the crap out of some,

but in anyone's defense, Ebay's mobile site and app don't make reading the description easy

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10433 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:

Bob

while I don't want to slight the OP,

I do sell a crapton of stuff on ebay and did list some with muliple quantities shown in the pic, and at a buy it now with quantity listed,

several thought they were getting all of them,

several said they wanted the 3rd from left if available,

so I stopped,

now if I have multiple I will load all 12 pics but not necessarily all 12 of the same item, and note that in the listing,

I usually make sure the worst one is pictured and it still confuses the crap out of some,

but in anyone's defense, Ebay's mobile site and app don't make reading the description easy

True. The app is far inferior than the website.

I just got a refund after refusing the package.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Those are $48.00 to $54.00 each on the Broker. You shoulda bought those 4 nice magazines as the shipping puts them at $37.00 each. Four nice condition P220 magazines at a good price is more better than none and a gone bad transaction @ Ebay. If I needed the magazines for a nice P220, I would have picked those off dollar be damned.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post