SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where do you put your pistol when on a long drive?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you put your pistol when on a long drive? Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Usually drop it in the center console, OR carry two; one to leave in the console and the other to remain in my strong-side IWB holster.

Posts: 4588 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Usually center console but I use this on long trips especially when I need to stop overnight. I carry an IWB holster also in the console, http://www.concealedcaddy.com/

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
I keep it under my left leg

Same here

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 570 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a crossbreed supertuck with my XD40 at the 4 o'clock position, I've driven 15 hours with no issues.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
I've found a shoulder rig was more comfortable on the long drives....I know they're not as popular as they used to be, but still a perfectly viable option in my opinion.

Same here.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do you put your pistol when on a long drive?

carry a 43, in a Fabus paddle holster. I have found that the holster will snap right over the e-brake handle. This is just for times that I can not carry, like in the bank or Post Office, and only if the wife is staying in jeep. I found that my cell phone holster will do the same and both will fit if needed. I do not leave anything of value in my jeep unattended.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always carry appendix, so just leave it on.I make sure to untuck my shirt from under the seat belt and have the belt positioned so I can access the gun.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Usually it stays at 4:30 position on my belt. But if I want to be more comfortable i'll either go with a shoulder holster or fanny pack (on or off body) or a Maxpedition Verispack off body.

Chris

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Center console on my right. It's a fast simple open and access. In the car I don't expect any unexpected spur of-the-second situations -- while sitting in the driver's seat. If I did, having it anywhere else wouldn't be prudent.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I keep a holster between the front seat and the center console.

Right now I'm considering getting an carjacking crossdraw holster from Andrews Leather.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I like the idea, but a full-coverage holster that attached to the belt in the same way would also be good in a console or a bag. Options can be handy.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Wet Okole seat covers and the drivers cover has a dual pouch. I keep my carry in the right and my back up in the left.
Sig P226 MK25 right, FNX 45 left. I get out and the sig slides into holster before the keys come out of ignition.

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A long drive to me implies passing through several states. Each state will have its own laws about where that firearm can be while inside your vehicle. That's why I usually avoid trips that would take me through Maryland.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It just stays in the M'Tac at 4 O'Clock, no change.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello
I think the right holster belt combo you could drive across country and be comfortable. Have you considered a shoulder holster? Im not a big fan off off body carry but thats just my opinion

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
For long drives, I carry a 43X in a shoulder holster. It's lightweight and doesn't bother me on long drives.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I carry AIWB, so driving is pretty comfortable and accessible and never need to take it off, even on long 7+ hour drives is no problem.
If for any reason I need to take it off, I have a console vault I put it in with the combination unlocked unless I leave the vehicle.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The dash has a removable panel just above the cupholder.

Modified the panel to conceal a P220 in 10mm. Wink

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alien gear offers a mount that I have bolted to the inside of my console. It is made to accept their paddle holster which can be removed if you want. I just leave it in my console and switch to whatever carry option I want use upon exiting the vehicle.

Never too old to refuse to become a victim.

Posts: 34 | Location: Fairport Harbor Ohio | Registered: October 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post