SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    5.7X28mm & Decibel Rating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.7X28mm & Decibel Rating Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have data or a reference to the decibel rating of a 5.7X28mm catrdrige out of a 5" pistol barrel? I looked for a reference but could not find it. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Here's the closest thing I could find.

Go down to a suppressor video and it shows suppressed and unsuppressed dB ratings on the screen.

Clocks in around 160dB unsuppressed.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Here's the closest thing I could find.

Go down to a suppressor video and it shows suppressed and unsuppressed dB ratings on the screen.

Clocks in around 160dB unsuppressed.

Thanks for the reply Flash-LB. I appreciate. I was assuming it was much higher than 160dB since when I have shot this round it is subjectively much louder to me than any of my 9mm's even with double hearing protection.

I found a dB chart on firearms from Silenceer Central and the AR15 firing 55gr FMJ catridge is rated by them at 165, while a Glock Gq7 9mm firing Rem. UMC 147gr catridge is rated at 162 dB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Woops...

Forgot the link to the readings.

Here you go: https://www.quora.com/How-well...ilencers-suppressors

Scroll down to the video. They post the dB readings suppressed and unsuppressed on the video.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post