SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How to make mud rails on my P228. Or, how many rounds do you go without cleaning before your gun starts choking?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to make mud rails on my P228. Or, how many rounds do you go without cleaning before your gun starts choking? Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Pretty impressive, and at the same time not at all surprising. I'm betting it never choked once.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't know when it would start choking, especially if kept lubed. I have put 5-800 through my 226 before any sort of cleaning.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Pretty impressive, and at the same time not at all surprising. I'm betting it never choked once.

I'll tell you how impressive it is. Prior to that range trip, the gun already had 6000 rounds through it in just 3 weeks time, with it getting cleaned in between trips most of the time. There were zero malfunctions.

Then, just for fun, I decided to see how far it can go with no cleaning and still function reliably. The only thing that was added for each trip was some additional lube (Slip2000 EWL30 exclusively). How many "malfunctions" did it experience? One, at round # 9390 (#3390 without cleaning), a Federal HST 147Gr HP. It got hung up on the feed ramp. A quick rack of the slide, and it went right in, and the gun never stopped again. A few pics here on the next to the last range trip (all 500 HP rounds) showed the incredible amount of crud accumulating. I left it uncleaned again for the next range trip, which was yesterday, when it reached 10,000 rounds. Not a single hiccup. Amazing! I'll have a complete report with more pics in a new thread, soon.

Q

Posts: 26395 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
amazing how dirty it was and still functioned properly. 10k rounds is impressive...btw, can I borrow a few thou rounds? Smile

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Bukakke Challenge! Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Now you need to try your Rex Zero vs 228. Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Have you replaced the roll pin?

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome performance from a classic SIG. Maybe why it was designated as the M11. Keep it going 12131!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post