SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Would this 1911 be makeable ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would this 1911 be makeable ? Login/Join 
posted
Same size , same shape ,same grip angle.
But
With out the safety switch.

I like my XD and it's safety system.

Or should I just get the 4.25" barrel 1911 that I want and try to carry it w/o one in the chamber?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54658 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, a DA/DA or Striker 1911?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15344 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I think the closest thing to that would be tracking down a used Para LDA.

HOWEVER.... having shot an LDA, I didn't care for it, it sort of worried me. And I don't think I'd ever suggest anyone buy a Para unless it was dirt cheap any they were looking for a project, something to tinker and or fight with.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard someone took over the Hudson H9 design. That might be what you are looking for. I don’t see the big deal with the thumb safety though. It. Falls naturally under the thumb of the firing hand as you grip the pistol and wipes off easily.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
But

You are almost describing the old Colt Double Eagle which adds a SIG style decoker lever

it was offered in blue and stainless as well as lightweights. It could be had in Government, Commander and Officer lengths. 45ACP or 10MM Auto.

My Officers Lightweight was carried in a Galco Ankle Glove as my BUG for several years

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
But

I like my XD and it's safety system.

Or should I just get the 4.25" barrel 1911 that I want and try to carry it w/o one in the chamber?

I carry , on ocassion, a Colt Commander, steel frame, round in chamber, safety on, and have never had a problem wth the safety disengaging until I pull it and use my thumb,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry two X.D.'s
98 % of the time.

Maybe it won't be a concern For two percent it will be carried.
Either a 9mm or a .45 acp.

Not both at the same time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54658 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
So this would be a series 80 type 1911 without a thumb safety, but with a trigger dingus.

I suppose the thumb safety could be pinned or something in the off position. I don't know of anyone making that kind of trigger though.

Posts: 625 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
It's called an M1910, and it was rejected by the US Army because they wanted a thumb safety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Model_1910

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post