SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    my 228 nickel has arrived and its glorious! :)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

my 228 nickel has arrived and its glorious! :) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Great find!

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thank you gentlemen for the kind words. im like a kid in a kandy store with this one. Ive owned a 95% condition one in the past and while still a fantastic gun, it didn't have all the accompanying accoutrements with it and had been fired. I made the mistake of selling it off several years back and had regretted it almost instantly. to the disdain of some of you, myself included, this one being unfired after all these years, will stay that way. I have two other 228s that I shoot/carry, so ill shoot those while thinking of this one! lol. attached is a pic of my previous 228N.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am 18th MP BDE also. Landed in Vietnam 49 years ago yesterday.

Max, first off, thank you for your service during that time in our history. Always good to run across fellow MPs. I was with the 18th MP in Germany from 88-92. We were V Corps but attached to 3AD and were 99% garrison/police MPs. best time of my life and wish I could go back.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Straight up Pimp gun Playa!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
What a nice looking 228. If I could only own one gun it would be a nickel 228. Congratulations.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a thing of beauty.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your scratching of an itch.

While I'd like to say that it's a beauty, however I'm just not into the nickeled SIGs. About the only time I like nickel is on a Python or a marine finish pump shotgun, or when they're polished to pimp-level perfection like my M39-2 has; must channel my inner gangsta-lean, I s'pose...Big Grin

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Old school cool for sure! That's an excellent find and I agree, the extras make it more than worth it.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EPIC WIN!

MudPhud

Posts: 41 | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really nice! Congrats!!

Posts: 3491 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol, congrats! My first SIG was a P228 nickel two-tone KG bought new in 1996. It is my only P228 and I'll never let it go it is such a great pistol, with some other meaning and sentimental value too. Definitely will be a family heirloom. Just don't wear out the nickel finish with all that fondling and caressing I'm sure is going on. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun, love the nickel sigs

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW........Very beautiful and in mint condition too. Congrats

Posts: 96 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a real beauty. There is one on gunbroker I have been watching starting bid $1250 that ends tomorrow. Any opinions on the price appreciated.... This one says some wear on the front strap.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice time warp. Just imagine some poor collector finally parted with one of his treasures! Exceptional find!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
That is a real beauty. There is one on gunbroker I have been watching starting bid $1250 that ends tomorrow. Any opinions on the price appreciated.... This one says some wear on the front strap.

thanks everyone! I seen the 228N on GB and IMO, that was too much money for the gun in that condition. I didn't see what it ended up going for but id wait for a better example. it took me several years to find one in this condition, that I could afford, but it was worth the wait.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:

thanks everyone! I seen the 228N on GB and IMO, that was too much money for the gun in that condition. I didn't see what it ended up going for but id wait for a better example. it took me several years to find one in this condition, that I could afford, but it was worth the wait.

Santa came at 4pm Christmas day for me as I am the one who secured the 228N off GB. I have always wanted a stainless or nickel P228 and $1250 seemed reasonable. It will ship here to NY minus the 13 round Nickel magazine and i will need to procurr 10 round magazines elsewhere. We will see how it looks as I expect to have it on Monday. My carry preference is single stack pistols, hence the P225 is my current primary carry pistol, so I can't see myself carrying much other than to the range or Church.

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
Santa came at 4pm Christmas day for me as I am the one who secured the 228N off GB. I have always wanted a stainless or nickel P228 and $1250 seemed reasonable. It will ship here to NY minus the 13 round Nickel magazine and i will need to procurr 10 round magazines elsewhere. We will see how it looks as I expect to have it on Monday. My carry preference is single stack pistols, hence the P225 is my current primary carry pistol, so I can't see myself carrying much other than to the range or Church.

congrats on your 228N. I certainly wasn't trying to disparage your purchase, I simply meant for me, I was looking for a pristine example, so I waited years to find one. post pics of your 228 when it arrives and let us all ogle it. I checked my box of 228 mags and all 30 of them are OEM 13 rounders or id make you a trade offer on the nickel mag. been looking for an extra one of those myself.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:

congrats on your 228N. I certainly wasn't trying to disparage your purchase, I simply meant for me, I was looking for a pristine example, so I waited years to find one. post pics of your 228 when it arrives and let us all ogle it. I checked my box of 228 mags and all 30 of them are OEM 13 rounders or id make you a trade offer on the nickel mag. been looking for an extra one of those myself.

Call Jacks County Guns from the GB site they prolly still have the 13 round nickel mag.

posted Hide Post
Congrats. The only problem I would have with that pistol is that I would have to buy another older one because that is way to nice to shoot. I hate it when companies make a gun so nice you don't want to shoot them. Sig is very slick at doing that.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post