SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Saw a P228 for sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Saw a P228 for sale Login/Join 
Wild in Wyoming
posted
Don't see these up for sale very often in my area. Was at local store and on the used shelf is a P228. Tag says with box and 4 mags for $600.00.

PC
 
Posts: 1494 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I’d be a buyer at that price, assuming it looked good.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1737 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don’t know what the condition is, so the price really doesn’t tells us much.


Q






 
Posts: 31438 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Condition is everything, and so are a couple of magazines, but if it isn't ragged out, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.



"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
 
Posts: 13696 | Location: Florida, Northwest of the Mouse | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Don’t know what the condition is, so the price really doesn’t tells us much.


A little over 20 years ago I worked at a gun store a few miles north of downtown Dallas. We got a batch of surplus Israeli military P226's, and P228's. I remember the prices were below $300, but they all looked like they'd been run over by a Merkava tank. I was tempted as a restoration project, but at the time we were consistently getting refurbed P228's, in the red case from Sig, that were only a couple of hundred more, and required far less TLC, so hard pass on the surplus guns. However they sold fast.


"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

 
Posts: 1127 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I bought an Israeli 228 last year. I paid $600 it looks beat to hell.
Probably overpaid a bit but I always have wanted a 228 and the Israeli markings were a bonus for me.
My 226 I bought 22 years ago is my favorite pistol much for time behind this beat to hell 228 and it will be my favorite.
Did I pay too much for it? Probably. Am I mad? Not in the slightest.


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26955 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
ah..the good ol' days of surplus sigs.

i remember buying a few from twogunjay.

which is fitting because i just received an fcu from him for a customer (i'm an ffl) so it's good to see him still in business.

I frequent gun stores in my area when i drive near one. I will stop in and check out the used guns. Always on the hunt for a beater P225 or P232 or P239.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 8805 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Saw a P228 for sale

© SIGforum 2026