SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suppressor Height Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressor Height Sights Login/Join 
Picture of SIGthusiast
posted
I typically use Trijicon HD's on my pistols but they don't make them in suppressor height. The only "big dot" style I'm finding are from Night Fision which, as a company, seems to have mixed reviews. Anyone aware of other suppressor height similar to HD's?

-St

"There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers." -Ronald Reagan, 1964

Posts: 337 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you're going to be using them as iron sights over top of a suppressor, a vivid front sight is a viable option. Ameriglo has several options for suppressor height sights whose front sights have HD-style bright colored outlines in either orange or yellow.

However, if you're planning to use them in conjunction with a red dot optic, you really want the front sight to be unobtrusive. It's purely a backup at that point. A plain black front sight (perhaps with a non-outlined tritium dot if you feel its needed), paired with a blank serrated rear, is just the ticket in that case.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGthusiast
posted Hide Post
This will be for suppressor use. I prefer irons to optics. However, I can't find any Ameriglo options with HD-style front sights for SIG. They seem to have a lot of options for Glock but not SIG. Have a link?

-St

"There can be no real peace while one American is dying some place in the world for the rest of us. We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars, and it's been said if we lose that war, and in so doing lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening. Well I think it's time we ask ourselves if we still know the freedoms that were intended for us by the Founding Fathers." -Ronald Reagan, 1964

Posts: 337 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGthusiast:
This will be for suppressor use. I prefer irons to optics. However, I can't find any Ameriglo options with HD-style front sights for SIG. They seem to have a lot of options for Glock but not SIG. Have a link?

Ameriglo lists them as optic-compatible, not suppressor, but they have a set of tall irons with white rings around the tritium. Not sure if you already saw these.

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/sg-181

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post