SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PDP 5” full-size question.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PDP 5” full-size question. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Have any of you folks shot this pistol? I’m wondering what you think of the muzzle flip compared to similar size pistols.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
It's a very lightweight gun and there is flip if you don't control your grip well.

I have one, and I put in a slightly heavier after-market guide rod, although I'd prefer Walther restock their tungsten guide rods which have been out of stock for months.

I also added a brass (black) rear palm swell and put on a Surefire WML to add weight.

It is a very good gun, accurate, very comfortable, love the grips. Have a holosun RDS on top, along with the upgraded trigger.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most Walthers seem to have more recoil flip than other similar sized guns because they’re so light. If you can get back on target quickly with it you’re fine. I never liked it.

Posts: 301 | Registered: November 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot one a while back. It had a nice trigger, but the muzzle flip was more noticeable, like all of them that I have shot. The bore axis is higher than I prefer, but they are good quality guns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

-Robert A Heinlein Nov. 1959

Posts: 42 | Location: Idaho | Registered: August 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
While I don't have the Walther PDP I do have the PPQ with a 5 inch barrel.

On my first range trip I also brought my SigPro 2009.

There seemed to be more muzzle flip with the Walther than the SigPro.

I've only been to the range a few times with it. I am impressed by the pistol, it's very accurate and reliable. The ergonomics are superb.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are considering a PDP, I highly recommend taking a look at the PDP Pro. The regular PDP's have great triggers, but the PDP Pro trigger is worth it just for the trigger upgrade.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walthers, Sig 320 etc that have a high bore axis are all going to give you a good bit of muzzle flip. The Glock ( and Glock Cones ), Zev, and S&W 2.0 ( which lowered the bore axis on the Smiths) will give you less muzzle flip because of the lower bore axis. I can shoot the Sig 320 FS pretty well because it is a heavier pistol and that keeps the muzzle flip down.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post