SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's bigger than an LCP, but smaller than a 365?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's bigger than an LCP, but smaller than a 365? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:
Rohrbaugh R9

That's actually very slightly smaller overall than the LCP... It's a mere 0.04" longer and 0.01" wider than the LCP, but 0.2" shorter in height.

So it is smaller than a P365, but not bigger than a LCP.

(Also out of production for about a decade now. And not that common even while still being produced.)

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've now gotten where I seem to shoot the P365 well having added the Wilson Grip Module and carry it or my CR920 as my EDC.

I decided to take the LCP Max out of the safe, where it's resided for the past couple years and use it.

I have IWB, a trigger guard IWB and a wonderful Kydex pocket holster for it. I found the kydex and LCP Max fits in my right front pocket perfectly, with the P365 IWB or AIWB and an extra mag for each in a Snagmag in my left front pocket. The size is perfect, IMO, for me.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's pointless. The 365 redefined subcompact, and if you are going that small get the 9mm. The tiny bit of size difference of the 380 will not offset the crazy cost of that round, especially considering the terminal performance.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the 9mm rules!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by air:
Rohrbaugh R9

The P365 is quite impressive overall.

The P365 is a modern marvel of engineering. It’s regrettable that Sig uses its customer base to beta test their products, but the kinks have all been worked out at this point. Get a P365 and don’t look back. It’s crazy how shootable that gun is for being that small. The Glock 43 is snappy compared to it and the Hellcat kicks like a mule. I can’t believe that one is as popular as it is. That transferred the most felt recoil into my hand of the three.

The Kahr PM9 is nice. Smooth trigger but loooong reset unfortunately.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1744 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
It sure sounds to me like you're describing the Ruger LCP Max!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Kahr PM9. In height and length, within fractions of an inch of the 365, but the grip is thinner. Note: I had a PM9, but while the E9 I had at roughly the same time was a decent shooter, I couldn't hit the proverbial broad side of a barn with the PM.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
Get a P365 and don’t look back.

...the Hellcat kicks like a mule.

"My granddad used to say, If everybody liked the same thing, they'd all be after your grandma.” — Gary Mule Deer

I find the 365 to be one of the most awkward, uncomfortable guns I've ever tried. And believe me I've tried to come around on them several times since they were introduced with no luck.

The Hellcat, I don't find it snappy or punchy at all. In fact I've started shooting it for fun in USPSA Carry Optics, and not doing too bad considering. Might buy a second one.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The size of a person's hand does seem to matter with this particular assessment of any of these micro 9s. For instance, from what I've gathered over the years our customers with average to smaller hands tended to dislike the Hellcat noticeably more than the SIG when they happened to shoot the two side-by-side.

I generally didn't find the Hellcat's live fire characteristics all that bad when I rented one a couple years or so ago, but it does have a noticeably more blocky grip shape whose texturing tended to chafe on the flesh of the inside of my strong hand, particularly during recoil. Not the worst texture or checkering that I've ever experienced--that probably goes to Nightforce and their sadistically aggressive front straps--but also not something that I probably would overlook in light of any other merits the Hellcat may possess when judging the gun as an acceptable purchase option. Certainly after shooting the Hellcat back then didn't come close to making me regret buying the P365, but then I do have the type of small hands that fit onto the SIG's grip quite well.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have larger hands, squad mates at the last match were joking that it's concealed, even when I'm shooting it. Big Grin

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find the 365 to be one of the most awkward, uncomfortable guns I've ever tried. And believe me I've tried to come around on them several times since they were introduced with no luck.

That makes two of us. I'm 6'5" and don't have particularly massive hands, but they're pretty long. I can't close my hand around a standard P365 comfortably. A Hogue grip sleeve helped some. The Macro grip is also ok. But by those aren't exactly "micro" solutions. I just gave up on the form factor altogether and carry a bigger gun.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post