SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 RXP Slide Assembly?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 RXP Slide Assembly? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
I want to get a RXP Slide Assembly for one of my P226's and was thinking about getting the Legion one (I have a P226 Legion) but in looking over the reviews it seems the current Legion slide assemblies coating will not match mine manufactured in 2015. It is also mentioned in the comments that there is no 'Legion' logo or name on the slide. The interesting thing is my current legion does not have any notation of 'Legion' on the slide , just the coating that matches the lower part. As a side note I bought a 9mm Legion slide assembly from Osage guns and it matches the original exactly and also has no legion notation on it.
So, what to do? Legion RXP Slide or just a standard RXP Slide for P226?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The regular one is $100 less. But it does come in the standard black.

The one for the Legion does look like it has the gray color. But even with a different shade of gray, gray will be closer to your frame than black. On the other hand, there isn't any markings on the slide that says it's a Legion and you won't know it other than you paid $100 more for it.

I have a P226 Legion SAO RXP but nothing on it says legion either and it's black. Good luck with your decision. If it was me, I'm picky enough to pay the $100 extra for the "legion slide."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
That is interesting… I got my Legion in 2016 (non-RX) and decided to upgrade to the RX slide in 2018. At the time SIG had a 226 legion RX exchange kit. I was concerned that the slide would have to be milled right where the legion logo was engraved on my slide. They told me the logo is placed in front of the ejector port on the RX model so I ordered it. Again, it was 3 1/2 years ago but it is really a nice look.

Here it is on my legion showing the finish comparison. It’s not a perfect match but neither was the original slide.

So, both of my legion slides (original and RX) version are marked with the Legion logo. And good match on finishes.

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well, I feel like a dummy... para will agree...
I did not look at the tops of the two slides I have for my P226 Legion... both have the logo and name on them...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
para will agree...
You don't have the slightest idea what I think. Just leave me out of it.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If that's not a 'perfect' match then it's about as close as my old eyes can see.....

I put a gray guns flat trigger on my Legion and I like it slightly better than the factory trigger. I can't quite figure out why... but it is easier to go from my finger off the trigger and on the right side of the slide disconnect and to the trigger.

I'm kind of thinking way ahead... to using this Legion with an red dot next year when I go back to Front Sight and try to get a DG again. Use the RXP for the shooting part but then switch to a regular slide for the malfunction test. For some reason that test and specifically the #3 one always throws me... seems I can't tip the pistol to see the problem, check for a spare magazine and step to one side all at the same time, then lock the slide back drop the magazine, tip the pistol and rack it 3 times, retrieve a magazine, indexing the top round, insert the magazine chamber a round and return to aiming at the target....

I really like a red dot for 'fun shooting' but I'm not ready to rely on one for my life.

My wife is always telling me that my jokes aren't that funny.....

We were looking at pictures of our wedding reception at our home 40 years ago and there was a person neither of us could recognize in one of them and I said it was probably just an alien that dropped by to observe us humans and she did not think that was funny in the least.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"