SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talon Grip Tape Any Good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talon Grip Tape Any Good? Login/Join 
Picture of sigmoid
posted
I've got a 320 .45 compact on a small grip module. I'm a .45 guy, the factory texture to me sucks. Has anybody used the talon grip tape? Or, know of anyone doing stippling for a reasonable cost?
Love the gun, hate the grip.

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Have Talons on all my plastic guns from HK,Sig etc. great fit and function. Use a hair dryer to “set” them

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I've lost count of the number of Talon grips I have bought over the years. Applied properly they last a long time. I roll over them with a C or D battery and use a heat gun on low to set it. Getting the frame clean before applying is the most important part.

For a 320 I would consider stippling (or buy an aftermarket module) but I wouldn't do it on a non-removable grip like a Glock.

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have Talon on a few of my pistols and really like it. More grip, doesn't add a lot of bulk, inexpensive and lasts a long time. My girl likes the talons on her Shield, too.

And if you dont like them, its easy to remove.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nukeandpave,

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Certainly an improvement on the P320. I have them on my Kahrs & Glocks. Better than an expensive stippling job…

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I love my Talon grips. Always get the rubber version. Easy to install and fast shipping. Don’t always use the hair dryer.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
I've lost count of the number of Talon grips I have bought over the years. Applied properly they last a long time. I roll over them with a C or D battery and use a heat gun on low to set it. Getting the frame clean before applying is the most important part.

For a 320 I would consider stippling (or buy an aftermarket module) but I wouldn't do it on a non-removable grip like a Glock.

I've haven't found anyone who makes an aftermarket module for the 320 .45
Do you know?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talons are on my P220 and P239. Great stuff. They also make a rubber strip for the smooth front grip strap on the 1911. I use it too.
I have had no luck finding aftermarket grip modules for the .45 P320.
Hello, Wilson? Are you there?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16112 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I like them. Use them on my PX4, the "Pro" model Talons, which is kinda a combo of the griptape version & the rubberized version.

Posts: 1734 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have some on my Gen 5 Glock and it totally changed the gun for the better. I love the Gen 5 but the grips are too slick and moved too much in my hand until I added the grip tape. I’m definitely a fan.

I added some to my PS4 controller too and am happy with that addition as well.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:

I've haven't found anyone who makes an aftermarket module for the 320 .45
Do you know?

I do not

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I use the granule sandpaper ones on my clutch pedal. Sticks well and nice and grippy

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have the Talon Pro grips on my HK45C. They are a tremendous improvement.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I added some to my PS4 controller too and am happy with that addition as well.

Great idea!
My girlfriend kept dropping her firestick remote so I put some on the back. She loves it.

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post