Find
Notify
Tools

226 SAO Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Finally ran across one in the wild and bought it. I've been intrigued by them for years but never actually saw one. Was in the shop today after one of their sales guys called me about a Smith & Wesson they just received in trade. Which brings up another question, how bad is my gun addiction when I have sales guys calling me? Didn't get the Smith but stayed too long browsing.

Low and behold a Sig 226 Elite SAO. The traditional Sig black finish and not the gray PVD of the Legion series. The 1911 and Browning Hi Power have always been my favorites to shoot so this just seems a natural progression.

So for those who say pics or it didn't happen, it's on lay-a-way it will be home in a few weeks.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You know you could have taken a pic or two right there, before leaving. So, it didn't happen. Razz

Q

Posts: 26472 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Required pic of 226 sao

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Love me some 226 SAO action:

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
how bad is my gun addiction when I have sales guys calling me?

the best collectors have a forward deployed sensor network whether it be guys at their local shops or friends.

I got a call from a shop manager two weeks ago and he was asking values on Valmet rifles. I gave him the spread, asked for pics and sent to some more knowledgeable friends which tightened that range for them. They put it on the shelf, I let it sit for a day and made an offer and the consignment owner was happy to get it ("I only paid $400 for this thing!")

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned a P226 RX SAO for a few years now, and a P226 SAO Legion for a bit less. I used to state that it was an Elite but was corrected on this forum. Other than a 17lb mainspring I have done nothing to the trigger and it is the best trigger I have ever owned on a production handgun, noticeably better than that on my Legion with the same mainspring. I added a solid guide rod and Hogue G10 Pirhanas to it. It is an absolutely awesome pistol, the most accurate (in my hands anyhow) that I have ever ow.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I really like the way the SAO SIGs' thumb safety works, blocking the trigger bar rather than locking the slide (like a 1911 does).

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Required pic of 226 sao

Nice SAO...if you don't mind what model is the natural Stainless? I'm really drawn to it. Razz

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The stainless is the X5AO x5 allround. Same one as my pic with the b&t ghm45 on the first page.

Hah, i am an idiot, i posted that picture in another thread.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No wonder, I have one still in the box. Guess now days I mostly see the newer version. Old one still has its own style though. Reminds me of another 226 SS I recently came across that appears similar.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is it the cheap plastic grips or the newer g10's

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was looking hard at a Legion SAO but then there was a Sig demonstration day at the local range. I got to shoot an Elite SAO and preferred its grips and curved trigger.

Too bad they don't make them any more. I wondered why they were passing one around but then learned that the guns belonged to the demonstrators, not Sig Sauer.

Posts: 3290 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Here's a few more P226 SAOs... they're all a joy to shoot Cool

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Operations:
is it the cheap plastic grips or the newer g10's

It's the Sig plastic grips, it will probably end up with a set of Hogues.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many beautiful guns so far in this thread. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post