SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon RMR HD and RCR Previewed and Oh Boy....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR HD and RCR Previewed and Oh Boy.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The forward overhang on the RMR HD might cause issues like the SRO with brass getting caught. Have to see if that's going to be an issue.

The RCR mounting to a standard RMR cut with T-slots and screws with holes around the circumference of the head is actually quite clever. No need for an adapter plate, no need to copy Aimpoint or Holoson dovetails and works on anything you can put an RMR on. No need for a lid like the Romeo 2.

These might be good for PDW's an an RMR riser...

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
The forward overhang on the RMR HD might cause issues like the SRO with brass getting caught. Have to see if that's going to be an issue.

The RCR mounting to a standard RMR cut with T-slots and screws with holes around the circumference of the head is actually quite clever. No need for an adapter plate, no need to copy Aimpoint or Holoson dovetails and works on anything you can put an RMR on. No need for a lid like the Romeo 2.

These might be good for PDW's an an RMR riser...

The RCR doesn't need an RMR plate? You can direct mount it to the existing MOS holes?

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:

The RCR doesn't need an RMR plate? You can direct mount it to the existing MOS holes?

Not if you have a slide cut for an RMR or a rifle mount cut for an RMR.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:

Not if you have a slide cut for an RMR or a rifle mount cut for an RMR.

Ok got it - thx

9/11/01 Never Forget

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
$645 is a much more reasonable price, but again, unless Trijicon discontinues the SRO, I don't see the RMR HD having much of a splash on the market. It's also a much more realistic price if everything is 100% US made instead of a 100% increase in MSRP over Sig's high end red dots (that still has worse glass quality than where Sig sources their glass).

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
$645 is a much more reasonable price, but again, unless Trijicon discontinues the SRO, I don't see the RMR HD having much of a splash on the market. It's also a much more realistic price if everything is 100% US made instead of a 100% increase in MSRP over Sig's high end red dots (that still has worse glass quality than where Sig sources their glass).

The price should drop in 2024 as demand/hype drops. But yea, still expensive even if it drops another $50.

9/11/01 Never Forget

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I think the street price is around 600. Still a big ask considering some of the budget options are getting better and better
Ridiculous

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Ya know at least you get to save money on hammers. Eek

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Aaron Cowan published his review on YouTube.

Biggest downsides he noted was the price and he's not sure how the rear window is going to hold up to scratches or drops to the back of the sight.

I don't know if he's going to make his review on the RMR HD public instead of Patreon only, but from the mentions in this video, the automatic light sensor on the RMR HD seems to work in comparison to other systems that only account for lighting conditions where you're at instead of where the target it.

Banned
posted Hide Post
I shall be buying one of each. As an owner of ACOG's, Aimpoints, RMR's, and Nightforce, I believe in function over form, not a price point and as much as possible to never buy from China sourced items when able to do so. The prices at places like Primary Arms and Eurooptic will be considerably less anyway so there is that too.

I am much looking forward to getting the RMR T3 and RCR.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 12, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'll probably be spending $5 on Patreon to catch up on his reviews, but Aaron Cowen does have a review of the RMR HD up that I don't know if it was make YouTube or not. I also want to see how the Holosun 507 Competition held up as well.

Serenity now!
posted Hide Post

9/11/01 Never Forget

Serenity now!
posted Hide Post

9/11/01 Never Forget