SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your Grayguns HK striker action package experiences
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your Grayguns HK striker action package experiences Login/Join 
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted
I have had my HK VP9sk for a year now. I shoot it fairly well but have never been really happy with the trigger action. The initial travel is lumpy with hitches (best that I can describe). The break is mushy and gritty. I have over 1500 rounds through it and it hasn’t improved. As a self defense gun it works fine, but I am hoping for a lot better.

I recently had a Trijicon RMR sight milled in with cowitness iron sights. I have filled out the Grayguns preorder form and am just waiting for the email to send it in.

I would like to hear from owners who have had this done as to what I can expect. I have nothing but the highest regard for Bruce and his crew, but I don’t want to get my expectations too high.

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve, I sent you a question via your email....mike28w

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I can attest to Gray Guns HK P30 short reset system. Major improvement with markedly shortened reset. Excellent support from Grayguns technical support staff. If Gray guns comes out with a VP 9 kit -that will be my next project. I will follow your progress with the striker fired HK’s.
Right up the road from you.
Frank

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I can attest to Gray Guns HK P30 short reset system. Major improvement with markedly shortened reset. Excellent support from Grayguns technical support staff. If Gray guns comes out with a VP 9 kit -that will be my next project. I will follow your progress with the striker fired HK’s.
Right up the road from you.
Frank

Thanks for this information. I have had Grayguns do work on a Sig and was quite pleased. Just wanted an idea of what to expect on the HK VP.

Using the RMR is a revelation! I am able to concentrate on the target and surroundings rather than that pesky front sight. Having the red dot really magnifies any flaws in the trigger pull whether from operator or equipment. As the trigger is prepped all the humps and grittiness of the action causes the dot to bounce and jump. When dry firing through the mushy break keeping dot movement to a minimum is quite challenging for me.

Despite this, the RMR has reduced my groupings substantially at 50 feet. Furthest my range has indoors.

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
They did my P320 with their competition package and flat trigger.
The stock trigger I can best describe as "cheap staple gun". The Gray Guns trigger is like pressing the power button on my remote control. A P320 trigger will never be a glass rod but this one is excellent (and so light that it is a little scary).
I bet their VP9 work will be phenomenal.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
The stock trigger I can best describe as "cheap staple gun". The Gray Guns trigger is like pressing the power button on my remote control. A P320 trigger will never be a glass rod but this one is excellent (and so light that it is a little scary).

Bruce

Thank you, Bruce! I greatly appreciate your kind compliment. If your trigger breaks lighter than you are entirely comfortable with, please let us adjust and update it? Remember, we guarantee it for life. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Frank and 1lieutenant! Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Grayguns P320 trigger kit should arrive for Christmas and I hope to report on it soon.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:

Bruce

Thank you, Bruce! I greatly appreciate your kind compliment. If your trigger breaks lighter than you are entirely comfortable with, please let us adjust and update it? Remember, we guarantee it for life. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

-Bruce

Thanks, but I am looking forward to getting used to it. I just never imagined even a range gun could have this good of a trigger. Simply amazing!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Bruce, your comment is much appreciated by us. Please do let me know what I can ever do for you further. Merry Christmas!

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.