SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Daniel Defense H9
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Defense H9 Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Interesting.

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Daniel Defense H9 is the successor to the Hudson H9 - which was a giant catastrophe. Unlike the Hudson - the Daniel delivers on the promise of the design - and it's a shooters dream.

Thanks to Daniel Defense for providing the gun for video.

Yeah, I'm really impressed. Same damn gun, really, but with a well respected DD badge on it, and it's no longer a "catastrophe". Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26413 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I thought the gun itself (mechanically) was supposed to be solid but their funding and supply chain fell flat and that’s where the issues arose.

Maybe DD has the juice to get it off the ground.

(By I thought, I don’t mean I had practical shooting or handling experience, just info I had gleaned over its life)

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They tried to re-invent the wheel, when it's already round, then put on a hefty price tag on that eyesore. Not a surprise it wasn't a success. And now, with the DD name on it, the price is unlikely to be competitve. My prediction is, it's not going to go anywhere. Sure, a few folks are going to buy it because of the novelty, but it ain't going to be close to being popular with the consumers.

Q

Posts: 26413 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bereli has it for $1,299.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
From what I heard, they had a cash flow problem because once they announced the aluminum version, the steel version which was the only one that was available, orders all got canceled.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
More than cash flow problems, the gun had multiple problems.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/...tiple-fronts-review/

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No thanks, I'll hold out for the DD R51.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’m not a pile on kind of guy-

But, can’t they make this in 10mm?????

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, I'm really impressed. Same damn gun, really, but with a well respected DD badge on it, and it's no longer a "catastrophe". Roll Eyes

Which is where you're wrong as there's only 1 carry over part.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Oh OK, only 1 part carry over. Big deal. I'll give them credit for using better materials, working out whatever kinks and doing reliability testing. With DD, that's to be expected, anyway. But, it's still the same design, with the same operating characteristics, and same ugliness. So yeah, it's still the same damn gun, really. And, at $1300, it's going to be hugely popular. Not.

My other point was to never take these paid for "reviews/evaluations", whether on paper or on YT, seriously. They get a free toy to play with, and praises go off the chart, while any negatives are downplayed to insignificance.

Q

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued. Not going to drop $1300 on one, but if they got below 1K I might.

I have plenty of things that aren't hugely popular.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when a large LGS had one of the original Hudson’s . Even after dropping the price to their original cost over a 6 month period it wouldn’t sell . They finally gave it away as a door prize during a store anniversary celebration . True story .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't care enough to have an opinion one way or another...I'm not going to buy one, but it doesn't hurt my feelings that it exists. Does anybody else think it looks kinda like the mythical Glock 1911? It has a very Glock-like slide plate, and even a trigger dingus (albeit upside down), but 1911 shaped grips and a grip safety.

Posts: 8576 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
A turd by any other name still stinks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
It is quite surprising that DD of all manufacturers picked up this design to break themselves into the pistol world.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
They tidied up the dust cover area.

Posts: 9968 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
DD purchased the patent rights and essentially reinvented the pistol incorporating numerous changes and improvements. Interesting design but not on my radar.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I like it quite a bit. But I like different. I think innovation in the modern handgun world is rare and should be congratulated. That first reviewer is generally pretty credible IMO and if he says it’s awesome I believe him.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought an original Hudson when they came out. I think I paid close to the same, 1200-1300. Mine shot great, good feel to it. Solid. Came in this big, layered box, 3 magazines.
No issues with mine, but a friends wouldn't work at all. Sent it back and they chopped it for parts. Then they filed. He never got his gun or refund.
I sold mine for about 850/900.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post