SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster for P245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for P245 Login/Join 
Picture of bashman
posted
First, my apologies if this has been hashed out here before. I searched some before posting, but couldn’t find anything.

Looking to pick up a kydex single clip IWB holster for my P245. Surfing some of the holster makers websites, it seems nobody lists this model. Presumably because Sig discontinued it years ago.
Which of the other Sig models should I look for to provide a match for the 245? Specifically retention and barrel length. Don’t want a half inch or more of holster extending past the muzzle.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Just about any holster designed for the non-railed P220 Compact or Carry (both have barrel lengths of 3.9") will work fine for the P245. I use a Milt Sparks "Executive Companion" for IWB for these and it's leather, but there are kydex offerings elsewhere. If you want kydex, you could go here: https://1441gear.com/shop/iwb-...tz-clip-iwb-holster/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10206 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that Shultz clip IWB is exactly the kind of holster I’m looking for.
Would a kydex holster made for a 228 or non-railed 229 w/ full slide serrations also fit a 245? I see both of those more often than either the 245 or 220 compact.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:

Would a kydex holster made for a 228 or non-railed 229 w/ full slide serrations also fit a 245?

I have a P220 Carry and I use a leather OWB meant for a non-railed P229. Fits great.

Posts: 924 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shikemd:

I have a P220 Carry and I use a leather OWB meant for a non-railed P229. Fits great.

Big difference between a wrong leather holster and a wrong kydex one. Leather is very forgiving.

When I used the wrong gun in kydex, it involved a heat gun to make it work. Smile

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by shikemd:

Big difference between a wrong leather holster and a wrong kydex one. Leather is very forgiving.

When I used the wrong gun in kydex, it involved a heat gun to make it work. Smile

Correct, which is why I asked about kydex. Leather would work, but I would prefer kydex.

Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Nice looking holster there Pulicords,thanks for sharing .

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post