SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Single Action Six Shooter

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Single Action Six Shooter Login/Join 
posted
So one of the threads had me thinking I would like to have a decent single action revolver.

Specifically I would like a Colt 1851 navy cartridge conversion.

Anyone suggest a good reproduction? I know we have some cowboy action shooters on board.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a SASS member/competitor but I've searched high and low for Colt repros and feel Cimarron Arms has arguably the best of them. I've owned quite a few, have put lots of rounds through them over the past 10+ years and no issues what so ever.

Definitely worth checking out. Good luck, my SAA copies are a lot of fun, accurate and put a smile on my face every time I take them to the range.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.c...851-conversions.html

posted Hide Post
Marzy got one last year and posted some Youtube videos about it, but I don't know how to find them. Send him an e-mail if he doesn't show up here in a day or two.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not into the European copies, and I'm not a purist, but for single action revolvers I like Ruger. I have quite a few Vaqueros, New Vaqueros, Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks and New Model Blackhawks. It's really hard to beat a Blackhawk in .41 for a robust, safe, reliable, affordable sidearm for the outdoors or woods, that's capable of just about whatever you'll ask of it.

I like being able to load all 6 chambers.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda went the oposite route.

Freedom arms,

Though i would love a great USFA.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Marzy got one last year and posted some Youtube videos about it, but I don't know how to find them. Send him an e-mail if he doesn't show up here in a day or two.

I remember these from SC...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Gyi7s0zkwqQ

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/W-WkBUUclyc

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good work, Bisley! Those are the vids I was thinking about.

As I remember it, the only differences between the original 1851's and the original 1861's was the barrel (octagon vs. rounded) so functionally SC's 1861 should be the same as the 1851.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had a Pietta .357. It was a terrific gun with terrific workmanship,finish and trigger. Also all of the parts are supposed to interchange with Colt parts.

posted Hide Post
I was told when I bought my first Uberti Colt years ago that they were using the original manufacturing equipment, purchased from Colt just after WWII, explaining why the parts will interchange. Uberti used to make the basic revolvers for nearly all the Italian replica manufacturers.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Any of the Uberti's are good as in Cimmaron, or Taylor's.

I don't know much about the latest Pietta revolvers, but I hear that they are much better than they used to be.

Just stay away from Armi San Marco.

If you are ever in Georgia and want to shoot some Rugers, let me know.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post