SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seeking Info. on 'US SIG SAUER M11, P228  NSN# 1095-01-338-4770'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking Info. on 'US SIG SAUER M11, P228  NSN# 1095-01-338-4770' Login/Join 
posted
Hello Gents, I wasn't absolutely certain as to where I should boost this, so hopefully I v chose correctly ? If not, Mods please move to the proper Forum ? I'm noticed these relatively well made USGI P.228 / M11 Holsters being offered for sale in the past, & began to wonder exactly to whom they were designated for ? My initial guess would be either U.S. Army CID, USAF OSI, USN NCIS Agents, etc. As they're definitely of the concealment type, those particular Agencies at least sound plausible, right ?
(RE: Black leather, 2 slot 'Pancake' type, mfg'd by Adirondack Leather Company, Cooperstown, NY. Marked on reverse as follows;
US SIG SAUER M11, P228 NSN# 1095-01-338-4770 )

Does anyone here happen to know exactly who they were contracted for, & of course issued to ? As always, any & information will be very much appreciated. THANK YOU !

Best, Dom P.

Posts: 156 | Location: New England Region, of USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember seeing those holsters for sale, I'd say your guess is correct, issued to plain clothes US military investigators for their Sig P-228/M11.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS for your input, I appreciate it. In addition to this particular type, I’ve also noted them with a manufacturer added hole applied towards the top portion. Otherwise this ‘’Lock Hole’ style is almost identical to the initial version I discussed. IIRC, the Hole model was intended for issue to, use by FBI S/A’s, along with other assorted Federal LEO’ s who had been issued either the Sig P.228, & later the P.229, both in 9mm. The Lock Hole was added so the Agent’s could secure their issued weapons when Off Duty with less chance of a tragedy.

Best, Dom P.

Posts: 156 | Location: New England Region, of USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post