SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first SIG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first SIG Login/Join 
posted
My wife's car was at the shop this morning and we were killing some time at Academy . Believe it or not the guy at the gun counter was pretty knowledgeable on the various guns and the features of each one . When I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for he recommended a SIG P365 . The only problem was they didn't have one in stock . We left there and found one at a gun shop down the street . It was everything he said it was and it came home with me . I tried to call around and compare prices but NOBODY else in town had one . They all said they can't keep them in stock . It's about the same size as my Glock 43 but it holds 4 more rounds and has a better trigger . I'm looking forward to trying it out next week .

Posts: 4063 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I haven't shopped for a P365 yet, I guess I know how it would turn out.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nine years a member and a plastic SIG is your first one? You need a several 22Xs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. My Son is on the waiting list locally.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of them. Based on experiences of some who have checked in, put ample ammunition through your P365 before you decide to carry it. Make sure it doesn't have problems.

I decided that a thousand rounds at a minimum needed to go through it, though there have been reports of the problems surfacing close to the thousand round mark. A widely-circulated internet video by "MAC" experienced a failure between 900 and 1000 rounds. In their case, the trigger became "dead" and wouldn't work unless the pistol was held upside down.

Striker failures and failures of the trigger spring have been reported on this forum.

I have had zero issues with the P365 so far, including the ones I purchased, and range rentals when first trying them out. I'm impressed with the pistol, though with a healthy dose of skepticism. I want to like it, and will like it more after it's had more ammunition through it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your new Sig.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Put my name on a waiting list this week and I've had lots of P2xx SIGs and still do. Bought a P320 Carry recently.

It's interesting how many companies have polymer as they bread and butter for pistols and up until recently SIG just couldn't seem to make a really successful foray into the polymer realm.

The SigPro just never seemed to really take off for the most part. The P250 didn't really make it either. Now with the P320 it seems like they have have finally made it.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new P365!

More Sigs will probably follow you home now, it is what happens.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
IMHO, there can be no substitute for the West German P226 and P220. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 until you have one or the other.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post