SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Zev OZ9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zev OZ9 Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a couple of these very fine pistols this month and really like them. I got an Elite and a Signature Competition.

Anybody else have a Zev OZ9?

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not but I have been considering one of these or a shadow systems mr920 recently.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have one. Been jonesing for a Hypercomp model….

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though I've been a longtime fan of their triggers, I didn't care for ZEV's early pistol builds. Too much slop, extremely poor tolerances. But in the last few years they've figured it out and their creations--albeit still kinda over-the-top aesthetically for me--are far better-built. We've had a handful in the shop in the past year as the alt for the lack of actual Glock product. Expensive buggers, and at least for me I'm still not sure they're worth the money, but at least the quality of assembly has become far better than where they once were.

But if I were to buy a out-of-the-box Guccisized Glock wannabe, I like the Shadow Systems builds better. The longslide 920 we have right now is pretty damn sweet, and priced far more reasonably.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:

But if I were to buy a out-of-the-box Guccisized Glock wannabe, I like the Shadow Systems builds better. The longslide 920 we have right now is pretty damn sweet, and priced far more reasonably.

I LOVE my MR920L Elite. For what it was, it seemed really reasonable.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s no more a Gucci Glock wannabe than a Nighthawk is a Gucci Colt 1911 wannabe. They are both far, far nicer.

The Shadow Systems guns aren’t bad, but they don’t impress me like the Zev.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:

It’s no more a Gucci Glock wannabe than a Nighthawk is a Gucci Colt 1911 wannabe. They are both far, far nicer.

The Shadow Systems guns aren’t bad, but they don’t impress me like the Zev.

I had heard a lot about bad Zev OS9s going back to the shop after having repeated issues when I was making my decision to go with the Shadow Systems. I'm glad that Zev got that ironed out for your guns.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shadow Systems MR920 with the flat backstap (smallest one) is perfect for me. I can point it normally and not high like a Glock. Their optics cut implementation is the best in the industry.

For my P320 FCU's I'm playing around with ZEV slides/barrels, and I like the dedicated RMR cut. The DLC finish smooths out the action too.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with Zev if you need service.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Good luck with Zev if you need service.

I’m not concerned

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

My most recent range trip was with a Salient BLU. What are your thoughts on those?

I like the OZ9 and hope to have one some day.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Sweet!

My most recent range trip was with a Salient BLU. What are your thoughts on those?

I like the OZ9 and hope to have one some day.

I have no experience with the BLU, but I like SAI products. I have a Salient Strike One and it’s awesome.

Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
I have the OZ9c and at first I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. Then I switched to the lightest spring that came with it and now it feels 100% better.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I am very excited to hear you are happy with the guns, my experience was totally opposite of yours. Which was very disappointing since they fit my hand so well.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post