SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you modify pistols?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you modify pistols? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I agree that it isn’t as necessary as it used to be and that it’s all about the TJIAB these days. But I’ve had SA do the Carry Action Job without an SRT upgrade. And then the same on a gun that already had the SRT installed from factory (so I’d still count it as him not replacing anything). The only thing I haven’t tried from him is the QTR.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle Rick:
Since my stable consists mostly of Glocks and S&W Wheel guns (prelock of course). I mainly add WML to some of my Glocks and night sights to all of them. I am partial to the Tru-Glo Pro across the board. My S&W Revos need for nothing as I am happy with how they shoot and how well I can shoot them.

Posts: 2879 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Grip tape here, extended magazine base plate there, grip swap, professionally done action work.

By and large I don’t do stuff that can’t be easily reversed. Rather than drill and tap a shotgun receiver I’m seriously considering buying a new gun that has already been altered, foolish isn’t it.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5168 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I modify somethings on firearms, most often I'm repairing/replacing old springs/etc.

Other than straight replacement, mostly I upgrade/change triggers, add/replace night sights, add optics and change furniture.

I haven't refinished anything but CCR makes me want to looking at their work.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pace40:
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

Then several have been built from the ground up

Love the grips on this. Do you know if they're available?

My apologies for missing this earlier and not getting a reply to you

Esmeralda O'Keefe made those for me. She does wonderful scrimshaw work

Click here to look at Esmeralda's website

I do not currently see a pair of these being offered by her but if you email her the image of my long slide, which happens to be named THOR, I'm sure she will be able to make a set for you

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5184 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I change grips.
On a 1911 I add a beavertail if it doesn’t have one.
I change sights to tritium for EDC if needed.
In the past I polished internals and changed springs on a BUG when I was a cop.

Few factory guns won’t get some kind of tinkering, my glocks got internals polished to better the trigger.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WERA49
posted Hide Post
My long guns get more mods than pistols. My 'ole Ruger MkII has tons of mods. My Glock 20 has a 9X25 Dillon barrel conversion and will have a couple of extended pieces and basic connector.
Ruger MkII

Glock 20

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WERA49,

Rob
NRA Life Member

Posts: 547 | Location: OH | Registered: March 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I build or change out grips on my revolvers, building the ones on my Ruger single actions, and with one exception, buying ones to improve the feel of my S&W's.

Recently I bought a Colt King Cobra .22 target, that had Colt's cheapened rear sight on it. I also didn't like the fiber optic front. I replaced both with Wilson Combat's answer. I especially like the gold dot front.

With automatics, my tinkering is usually limited to sight changes...especially with Sigs as I don't like the sight picture that's the factory standard as it covers the POI in my hands. I like the POI at the very tip top of the front sight at ~25 yds, as opposed to covering the intended POI with the front sight dot.

With two Glocks I tried a different connector and smoothed out the mechanical inards in a vain attempt to improve their miserable triggers.

Best regards, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 734 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WERA49:
My long guns get more mods than pistols. My 'ole Ruger MkII has tons of mods. My Glock 20 has a 9X25 Dillon barrel conversion and will have a couple of extended pieces and basic connector.
Ruger MkII

Glock 20

Wow. That truly is a vintage red dot. I have never seen one so large.never

Posts: 84 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post