SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cosaint Arms COS21 10mm Commander
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Cosaint Arms COS21 10mm Commander Login/Join 
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted
My recent 10mm inquiry led me down a path that eventually resulted in this purchase. 10mm 2011 commander. I was keen on the Kimber DS Warrior 10mm but I’ve always been fond of 4.25” 1911s.

I’ll get it to the range soon. Came with two MBX mags and I’ve purchased two checkmate mags to test in it as they are about 70$ cheaper per mag.

I’m not the biggest fan of the cerakote job but at 30% off retail for a NIB example I can always DLC is later. And I’ve always been function over form anyway.






Love me a U-notch rear sight on any handgun. This one has a wide rear with a very narrow red fiber optic rear. I like the combination. Seems pretty fast. On my non-optic handguns I may move to this setup. I’ll be putting an RCR on this one most likely so kinda moot.


Bull barrel, I’ll be installing a tool-less guide rod ASAP.


Slide to frame fit is about pretty tight, tiny bit of play but much less than most production firearms I’ve owned.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8033 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
How's the grip texture? If I remember right, Cosaint Arms are the folks that owned STI before they were bought out by Staccato and are more than willing to do anything you want for the right price. Even Girsan 2011s come with an advertisement for Cosaint for people that want to upgrade and personalize their Girsans.
 
Posts: 5456 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
How's the grip texture? If I remember right, Cosaint Arms are the folks that owned STI before they were bought out by Staccato and are more than willing to do anything you want for the right price. Even Girsan 2011s come with an advertisement for Cosaint for people that want to upgrade and personalize their Girsans.


Grip isn’t as good as the MJD on the Kimber. Just fondling it in the house it feels like it would be great for CC, but a little slick. I’ll probably replace it with an MJD grip in the future.

The mag well is also a bit too big for my liking. It alters my natural grip by pushing my palm up a bit of my dominant hand. May be nothing but when I replace the grip frame I’ll definitely replace it as well.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8033 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Good luck with it. A friend of mine had one in 45ACP. I was not impressed with it and neither was he, because it was gone quickly.

My LGS got two of them. He bought the 45 and the other was 10mm. It was bought by someone else and had to get shipped back due to reliability problems. I don’t know the details and hopefully it was a one-off issue. The finish they use on the slide and frame was pretty bad too.

That was a couple years back and they were fairly new then. Could be a lot better now, not sure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bac1023,
 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’m hopeful. 10mm Commanders aren’t the easiest to get right but it’s been a thing long enough to not be an excuse.

I’m not digging the finish but I’ll clean the gun and take it down tonight or tomorrow and give it a much closer look.

So long as it works well the looks don’t bother me much.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Greg and the customer service at Cosaint so I’m sure they’d make right whatever is wrong. Hopefully I’ll get to the range next week.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8033 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I’m hopeful. 10mm Commanders aren’t the easiest to get right but it’s been a thing long enough to not be an excuse.

I’m not digging the finish but I’ll clean the gun and take it down tonight or tomorrow and give it a much closer look.

So long as it works well the looks don’t bother me much.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Greg and the customer service at Cosaint so I’m sure they’d make right whatever is wrong. Hopefully I’ll get to the range next week.


Greg is a very nice guy and a pleasure to deal with, my LGS said. I’ve heard good things online about him also.
 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cosaint Arms COS21 10mm Commander

© SIGforum 2026