SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Keltec P50 5.7 x 28. 50 round pistol?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keltec P50 5.7 x 28. 50 round pistol? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Is that weird little curve molded into the frame forward of the trigger guard a place for your support hand thumb to sit??

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Great. Another gun that you can rarely if ever find any ammo for. But when you do find some, it's more expensive to shoot than .308.

Our shop gets as nearly as many queries about 5.7 availability as we do for 40S&W and 45ACP.

I don’t have an issue getting ammo, just go to my basement..... 4K or 5k rounds down there. I was buying it when it was plentiful and fairly reasonably priced. Really fun to shoot!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
The rear notch to open up the top cover like a belt feed is cool. It may come at a cost to attach a brace. Without a brace, there is a bit less interest for me.

But yeah, that curve looks to be a hand rest. Perhaps they should print GRIP ZONE to help us out. Wink

Posts: 1342 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Brace or no, that looks mighty stingy for stranger danger down the hall.

Then again I just admire weirdness for its own sake sometimes.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
They make the bolt-on adapter for the PLR-16, maybe they'll release something similar for those wanting to SBR?

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Anyone get one of these? Or shoot one?

Posts: 435 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If there were ever a round to motivate one to hand load, the 5-Seven leads the pack. The cost to reload vs the cost of ammo (brass excluded) is huge with this round.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8196 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 5.7 round...and my PS90. And while I agree with some that Keltec has some of the most creative ideas...follow through is the problem. Quality control. If someone else built some of the guns they think of, I'd pay the extra few hundred bucks to have them.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The print version June/July "Shooting times" has a pretty good article about the gun.

here's one online in January from GunsandAmmo:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/ed...50-in-57x28mm/387835

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
It's #1 on my next list if I can find one close to msrp. I'm not paying the crazy prices they are going for if you can find one. I'll save that for the ammo I'll need...lol.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least the price of the ammo is coming back down off of its ridiculous highs from a few months ago ($130/box(!) was the highest I saw, heard from customers that it was actually worse than that); right now PSA actually has some 40gr FNH blue tip for ONLY a buck a shot. Good times... Roll Eyes

About three months back we got some in that we price at $39 for a 50rd box, four box limit. Boy, the feeding frenzy that followed...

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this, as it appears the most recent/only thread on this topic.

I'm interested in hearing updates/experiences from anyone who picked one of these up.

If this has been well executed, it might make an interesting addition for HD, as well as a fun range toy.

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Also available as an R50 "rifle."

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/rifles/r50/

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post