SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    “Full” sized guns versus “compact” guns
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Full” sized guns versus “compact” guns Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Oh Hi.

I carried a 1911 for years.

But I also put a boatload of rounds downrange with it.

Just because someone chooses a 1911, it's not a bad choice. Whatever the model, it's only a bad choice if they don't train. Equipment will never make up for experience.

What is my carry now? A P365. And I can find people who disagree with that.. sure. I also will carry a Ruger snubby... Hell, I'll carry a G20..

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
Oh Hi.

I carried a 1911 for years.

But I also put a boatload of rounds downrange with it.

Just because someone chooses a 1911, it's not a bad choice. Whatever the model, it's only a bad choice if they don't train. Equipment will never make up for experience.

What is my carry now? A P365. And I can find people who disagree with that.. sure. I also will carry a Ruger snubby... Hell, I'll carry a G20..

Best post in the entire thread right here......

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I agree with JLJones on accuracy being the same between fullsize and compact guns..

Arcwelder's comment is right on the money.

I've mostly trained with my Gen 3 Glock 32 (Glock 19 sized 357SIG) I bought 20 years ago.

I'm most accurate with the G32 due to the level of familiarity/training with it.

Isn't there a saying about don't fear the man with 50 guns, fear the man with one, as he may know how to use it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first started with pistols, I found I shot compacts better than full size. First with the G19 over the G17. Then many years later I went through the same experience when first shooting the hammer P-SIGs and finding that I was doing better with the P229 than with the P226. Probably was a psychological thing, but at the time I would swear that the compact sized gun (4" barrel +/-) would feel and balance better. Since then and having gone through with a lot more practice and experience with full size guns, now that initial difference has more or less disappeared.

I now shoot both sizes in both brands equivalently so-so. :shrug:

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post