SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else notice the price drop on P210 Carry Customs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else notice the price drop on P210 Carry Customs? Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
P210 Carry Custom Works were around $1,800-$1,900, sometimes as low as $1,699. They must not be selling well or maybe Sig put some incentives because I see them now down around $1,100. Future collectable? Or just another oddly finished pistol than few are interested in now and likely in the future as well?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The damn thing looks very tacky. Half polished, half matte looking, with the ridiculous engraving. Oh and the "CUSTOM WORKS" billboard. I wouldn't even buy it for $1100.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Bud's had them at about 1050. I'm considering a second. Looks aside, it shoots better than my 210 Standard.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I don't care for the look with "embellishments" either so I chose a regular Carry. But I've only seen images of the Custom Carry so I'm wondering if it might look better in person?
Personally I also would have preferred if Sig would have left off the engraving and "CUSTOM WORKS" and just polished the whole pistol. Or left it matte and just polished the flats, similar to what Walther did on their P5. But they didn't so it is what it is. It appears it's not selling hence the rather substantial drop in price. Is this to sell them off at which point they'll discontinue the Carry entirely leaving only the Target? If so, once they're gone might prices start climbing on that low production model and in a few years we could be saying "darn I should have picked up one back when they were clearing them out for $1,100?

I should add some time back I bought a tacky looking P210 with engraving from CDNN simply because it was available heavily discounted, and I was having a hard time finding a regular P210.

Posts: 7102 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you post a photo of you tacky p210?

Posts: 90 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gojoe:
Could you post a photo of you tacky p210?

\

posted Hide Post
It's not the only model it seems, to have a lower price lately. I almost bought a P210 Target model, on Gunbroker a couple weeks ago for less than $900. It was from a gun shop that had a lot of positive feedback but it was used but showed like new. I should have bought it.

It seems to be hit and miss with them.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I don't see that they have they dropped the price on new Targets though? For instance Targets and Carry Custom Shop were about the same price, now just looking at Bud's the Target is $2,000 while the Carry Custom is $1,100.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Ridewv, replace those fugly orange things with standard wood grips, and you’ve got a winner there. How much did you pay for that?

Wow, thanks for the heads up. These may push me over the edge. I’ve been on the fence, wanting a carry, but just not wanting to prioritize the dollars. IMHO, the engraving itself is okay, other than the fact it’s not symmetrical left to right, but the half polished, half matte finish is an eyesore. I do love the wood grips on these.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:
Ridewv, replace those fugly orange things with standard wood grips, and you’ve got a winner there. How much did you pay for that?

LOL no, no, the ugly grips work with the garish engraving! I'm just leaving this one as it came, I have other normal ones with both plastic and wood grips. If I'm not mistaken it was $2,099 and CDNN only had 2. A regular new P210 (when you could find one which I could not at that time) was around $1,900 so I bought it with the intention of using it.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hey, at least you got a real Swiss made 50th Anniversary P210. I'll take the tacky one any days.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
12131 yes but it's just been sitting in the safe all these years. I've decided I'm passing on the Carry Custom because I don't need any more safe queens or at my age gun purchases primarily for investment purpose. What I need to do is shoot the 210 Carry I have.

posted Hide Post
Local shop by me has an excellent condition used 210 Carry for $779. It’s almost followed me home twice just because it’s an awesome deal, I just have no real need/ use for it.

Posts: 33 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: April 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
For those that have one, does it look like the white embellishments could be sanded off or painted over, or would it need to be refinished?

Didn't know if seeing it in person would give any clues.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ If you don't want the engraving and are going to do all that, and in the process damage the original finish, why not just buy the regular Carry? Confused

Q

posted Hide Post
^^^Isn't the plain Carry already kaput and buried, except from any remaining NOS maybe at dealers and perhaps the same at a few distributors?

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it's not like they have all vanished from the planet. So, no reason to buy a more expensive version then spend more money ruining it, when you can still buy the less expensive model that already has what you want, or in this case, does not have what you don't want. Wink

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
For those that have one, does it look like the white embellishments could be sanded off or painted over, or would it need to be refinished?

I have seen a lot of guns with painted markings. I wonder if paint remover would leave the underlying blue looking normal.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
jothomay, want to shoot me the contact info for that shop??

I've been wanting a p210 carry but Sig dropped or replaced it with the "custom" one. Which to all
yes, the price has dropped a lot through one of my distributors significantly. If I thought I could get rid of the engravings I would just send it off to CCR for a dusk refinish.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1198 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

I have seen a lot of guns with painted markings. I wonder if paint remover would leave the underlying blue looking normal.

Yeah, thinking about getting an upper instead of a separate pistol. I found a slide with these markings and would rather not have them.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post