SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P365 metal frame offering by Mischief Machine Company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P365 metal frame offering by Mischief Machine Company Login/Join 
posted
Just ran across some info about this company that I've never heard of before that makes metal frames for the P365. Their website is: www.mischiefmachine.co if you're interested in having a look. There is also a youtube video called: "All Metal Sig P365XL Frame!? Mischief Machine Alpha One". Anyone know of this outfit or their products?

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/mischiefmachine/

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that info.

posted Hide Post
A friend years ago was shooting a Glock in competition, he had bought two lowers, one was stainless the other aluminum, until you shot one you didn't realize had bad the flex is on a polymer pistol

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Polymer frame flex is what makes it softer shooting with less sharpness in recoil. More weight - a steel frame - can accomplish the same.

It will be interesting to see exactly what sort of improvement can be demonstrated - it's a known issue in some alloy frames that when shot over 45k rounds cracking begins to develop. It may not happen and it will take time to determine.

I suspect we won't see many of these used on competition for the price. It's more a barbecue gun accessory.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I wonder if gun like the P365, with a steel subframe carrying the all slide contact points has the same level of flexation as something like a Glock which connects the frame rails with polymer?

And on a gun with a steel subframe, I wonder how much the grip material material matters for flex?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see how companies are developing better grip modules for both the P365 and P320. It'll push Sig to offer those options in house when developing new handguns. I love innovation!

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG just started offering the P320 with a steel frame option, didn't they?

As for the Mischief Machine Company frame, I'd like to add that it's made of aluminum alloy, not steel.

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Would love to see one of you members here do a range side by side comparison of the two if given the chance rather than someone that has a financial interest in the product.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post