SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Bren 2Ms 8" pistol **pic added**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Bren 2Ms 8" pistol **pic added** Login/Join 
posted
Impulse buy even though I have given thought to buying a pistol chambered in 5.56 or.300AAC
Had the day off so I bought it, cleaned it and then shot it in the back acreage. Pretty damn impressed and at 20 yards, it was grouping nicely. I'm sure it can go beyond 20 yards but that's not its intended purpose for me.
Brace is on order and will be ~10 business days I guess. Thought about SBR but I really don't want to do the NFA thing.
I tried fitting it into my backpack that I take to work and that was a no go. I think I remember a backpack being manufactured that holds a smaller PDW, have to look that up.
900 round can of 5.56 was $540 so I got one of those too. Aussie 66 grain comparable to US green tip is what it is supposedly.
For now, it's by the shotgun in the bedroom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joatmonv,

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Vertx has the commuter xl 2.0 that holds most rifles. Its like 27" long if it fits into your budget and lifestyle.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I think Vertx has the commuter xl 2.0 that holds most rifles. Its like 27" long if it fits into your budget and lifestyle.

Looks interesting but also quite big. About 8 inches taller than my current backpack.
Its definitely an option and thank you for the recommendation.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got an 11" 5.56 Bren 2 that I registered and put an ACR stock on with a Dan Haha adapter. HB Industries makes improved handguards and will modify the regulator for a suppressed setting. The gun is super smooth and well made. The plastic safety levers are probably the only real disappointing part to me.

Enjoy it! They're fun guns.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I've got an 11" 5.56 Bren 2 that I registered and put an ACR stock on with a Dan Haha adapter. HB Industries makes improved handguards and will modify the regulator for a suppressed setting. The gun is super smooth and well made. The plastic safety levers are probably the only real disappointing part to me.

Enjoy it! They're fun guns.

I looked at that also but went with the A3 Tactical Inc. brace. It got good reviews and price was decent.
Probably gonna go with the same handguards and add some other things eventually.
It was fun shooting it yesterday and I'm looking forward to the brace.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Looks interesting but also quite big. About 8 inches taller than my current backpack.
Its definitely an option and thank you for the recommendation.

Sure thing, Also check out the Oakley Link 2.0 pack which is like 22 or 23" so big but not too big. My APC300 fits and that's 8"bbl so it theoretically should work.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Brace added and the new Oakley backpack came in also. Fits nicely in the one compartment.