SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Browning BDA - 9mm
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning BDA - 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of usmc-nav
posted
I have came a cross a Browning BDA pistol for sale. It is a 9 mm, which I think is uncommon. It comes with four factory magazines. What is the opinion on collectibility of this pistol? I have several other Sigs that I shoot. It has no box with it but is excellent condition. One of the extra mags is still in the Browning box. It seems it may be nice to have. What is opinion on collectibility and value?

Posts: 540 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Buy it! Those magazines are getting more expensive by the year. The BDA is a little more pleasing to the eye than the standard finish P220 of the era. I will let you discover the differences. They are,were, beautiful pistols. Any idea of its date code?

Posts: 17918 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
David Lee, thanks for your reply. Date code is HH

posted Hide Post
IIRC, there were approximately 2800 BDAs imported in 9mm. I totally agree with Mr. Lee - Jump on it! What price is the seller asking?

Posts: 468 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Randyman,

Hope yall stay safe with the approaching storm. Lord knows here in Louisiana we get our fair share.

Seller is asking $800

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
IIRC, there were approximately 2800 BDAs imported in 9mm. I totally agree with Mr. Lee - Jump on it! What price is the seller asking?
Just shy of 10,000 actually.

usmc-nav, to me, 800 is a bit high, but the extra, period-correct magazines (they should have chromed followers) add value.

With no box, and most likely having been shot, the collectors would not desire it. View it as a shooter, and in that light, I think perhaps 700 is more like it. But, as I said, the magazines might put it in the ballpark.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usmc-nav:
Randyman,

Hope yall stay safe with the approaching storm. Lord knows here in Louisiana we get our fair share.

Seller is asking $800

That is a defininite BUY IT NOW!

Posts: 468 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Buy it, use it, enjoy it.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You can buy it now, or just wish you did.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are poor quality pistols and not rare from a collector’s viewpoint

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

What is leading you to say these pistols are poor quality?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6340 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:

What is leading you to say these pistols are poor quality?

Excuse me

My mistake. I misread the title. I was thinking the Browning BDM.

The Sig built BDA’s were good pistols, obviously brought in that way before Sig was able to.

My mistake. I stand by my comment on the BDM though. Lousy gun.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Sig built BDA’s were good pistols, obviously brought in that way before Sig was able to.
Hawes imported P220s in .45 ACP, 9x19mm and .38 Super, as well as P230s in .380 ACP and (supposedly, but I doubt it) .32 ACP and 9mm Police at the same time Browning was importing P220s as the BDA- 1977, 78, 79.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Hawes imported P220s in .45 ACP, 9x19mm and .38 Super, as well as P230s in .380 ACP and (supposedly, but I doubt it) .32 ACP and 9mm Police at the same time Browning was importing P220s as the BDA- 1977, 78, 79.

I had a privately imported (at a later date) 1976 P220 9mm for a while. Cool old pistol and an early Sig Sauer.

posted Hide Post
I notice in the Hawes advertisement specifications chart that the P230 weighs 2 3/4 ounces more because the 9mm Police chambered pistols were all steel.

Posts: 2012 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Once you get an early BDA/P220 pistol, you will then need to get a .22lr conversion kit for it.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2193 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yes! ^^^

Since he has the 9mm, it would be a lot easier to swap it with 7.65mm.

A 38 Super conversion would also need .38 magazines.

Plus I always thought it was neat that my 22lr kit has a serial that begins with an H.

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
My early .22 conversion serial begins with H also.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At $800 with 3 extra mags I wouldn't have to think twice about buying the BDA. Mags alone bring $100 and even more.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
A Canadian supplier has OE 9mm mags for $49.99 and they have been available for years. But it’s still a fair price for the BDA.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post