SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Compact - Range Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Compact - Range Day Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So I picked up my new P320 Compact (9mm) from my local cop shop. I got it via their LE program with 3 mags and night sights. I bought it as an impulse buy, and boy Im sure glad I did.

First outing I just oiled it up and took the department qualification course. Right out of the box, the 25 round course went quick, easy, and no issues.

However 25 rounds through a new gun is not a really good test...

The mext day I took the P320 and over 350 rounds of all ages, makes, and setups to the range.

The loads ran the gamut... Old lead Umarex "remanufactured" from the 80's...no problem. (Aside from the massive cloud of white smoke...). I brought out old duty rounds from the 1990's (Winchester 147 gr JHP) as well as our current load (HST 147 gr). Also I shot scads of new and old 115 gr practice loads (from my old practice stash circa early 1990's to current stuff...) It all shot, and the gun ran like a top...not a single malfunction, bobble, or hiccup.

Accuracy was on par for a duty size gun. I could put a 3" group at 8 yards or so strong side shooting.

Handling was very good. The trigger is similar to a Glock with maybe just a slightly better reset. One thing I did notice, is that for lack of a better word, when shooting the gun felt "hollow". (Kind of like describing an old VW bus engine sounding hollow...) I would bet it has to do with the fact that the rail system is not integral to the frame material itself - instead it is in that chassis system.

Overall it was a blast to shoot, and left me confident it will perform as needed if I have to use it. And, it's basically a Sig for a Glock price...

Posts: 1976 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post