SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Alternative Mag Basepads for P320 X5 Legion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative Mag Basepads for P320 X5 Legion? Login/Join 
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted
Anyone know of an aftermarket brand of basepad/baseplate for the 320 X5 Legion magazines? I want to convert some existing magazines to run in my X5 with the magazine well in place. SIG's Legion store is perpetually out of stock on this item. Thank you for any suggestions.

"Join the Legion" and have special access to shit that's never in stock. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Had the same issue.
Henning Group supplies Sig and has several different basepads for the X guns.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Try Springer Precision. A number of options.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I just got my gun yesterday and this is my first 320 so I’m clueless.
So it takes a smaller basepad to fit in the mag well?
Sorry for sounding stupid I’m at work and can’t look at my gun.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
I just got my gun yesterday and this is my first 320 so I’m clueless.
So it takes a smaller basepad to fit in the mag well?
Sorry for sounding stupid I’m at work and can’t look at my gun.

With the magwell funnel in place options are two :

1) Get the proper "slim" profile mag baseplates.
Gray Guns
Legion
Springer
Gen2 21rd OEM

2) Sand/file/snip wide profile standard baseplates.
Not a fan of this solution. I gave away my standard baseplates.

/thread hijack

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Anyone know of an aftermarket brand of basepad/baseplate for the 320 X5 Legion magazines? I want to convert some existing magazines to run in my X5 with the magazine well in place. SIG's Legion store is perpetually out of stock on this item. Thank you for any suggestions.

"Join the Legion" and have special access to shit that's never in stock. Roll Eyes

I have an X-Five with magwell in place.
Currently running 3 mag baseplates.
Wait, all pistols have magwells, I meant magwell funnel.
Gray Guns
Legion (similar to Henning)
OEM 21rd mags

The Legion (17rd) fits flush with the funnel opening.
Not a fan.

OEM 21rd projects a good amount below the magwell funnel.
This is the correct mag for this pistol, IMO.

Gray Guns baseplate on a 17rd mag has the perfect projection below the magwell funnel of about 3/16" - 1/4"
If converting 17rd mags, the Gray Guns would be my first choice.
Discount available depending on number ordered.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DirectDrive,

Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good info as always!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mag well comes off. When it does, the pistol runs regular 17 round magazines without a problem. If you want to run more than 17 rounds, then eithe the 21 round magazine with factory baseplates, or with after market baseplates will work. Alternatively, you can also run any number of aftermarket baseplates.

With and without the mag well, I run 17 round magazines using Taran Tactical +5 baseplates. That's 21 or 22 rounds, and it can be upped two more with a Gramm follower (spring and follower), if desired.

The factory 21 round mags work just fine with the mag well. The mag well adds extra weight and bulk. I'm running just one with the mag well in place right now.

With the internal weight, the weighted TXG grip and the mag well, there's quite a bit of mass there to absorb recoil. The tradeoff is time between targets and shots, if you care about that; any larger magazine or capacity affects that, too.

If you're going to keep the mag well in place, the factory 21 round mags are perfect. If you're going to be dropping the mags a lot during mag changes, on other than dirt or grass or carpet, then you will probably want to consider aftermarket baseplates. Taran Tactical makes a slim +2 baseplate that can go on the 21 round magazine, not adding any significant length (and keeping the magazine in the 140 mm length if you're competing with it); it's going to hold up a lot better than the factory plastic (which does take a beating after a little while).

Grayguns baseplates are not going to fail and give the added length and slender reach necessary, too.

If you're not running the funnel (mag well), then just about anything will work except the old style 17 round baseplates (round hole); these are easily modified to work in the TXG grip by clipping off the dog ears on the baseplate (or filing them for those so inclined).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! Smile

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post