SIGforum
Ordered some Peltor Comtac III's

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5600006724

July 20, 2017, 10:30 PM
dry-fly
Ordered some Peltor Comtac III's
After eyeballing these and Sordins for months, I finally decided on some. What legit info there is online basically told me it was a toss up between the two. Positives here, a negative there, pretty much balanced out. Peltor's warranty was my main deciding factor. I'm no operator, but can and do appreciate excellent hearing protection. I already have some hearing loss in my right ear and do not want it getting worse. Anybody else have a pair?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
July 20, 2017, 10:47 PM
John3200
I've been looking at the Sport Tac 300s maybe 500s but I don't really need bluetooth in my range muffs do I??
July 20, 2017, 10:56 PM
dry-fly
Full disclosure... I'm an FFL and all of Peltors models are not typically in stock. I could have certainly gotten by with a lesser pair, but went with what was in stock and had the best NRR. They have been back ordered for soooo long. Link> a different vendor, but same part number. http://www.envirosafetyproduct...-defender-black.html

July 20, 2017, 11:29 PM
venenoindy
I recently purchased a pair of Sordins, I couldn't be happier and I regret not buying them a long time ago. In the past it was very uncomfortable shooting my AR and now I have no issues. I got them with the gel inserts and they make a significant difference
July 20, 2017, 11:38 PM
dry-fly
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
I recently purchased a pair of Sordins, I couldn't be happier and I regret not buying them a long time ago. In the past it was very uncomfortable shooting my AR and now I have no issues. I got them with the gel inserts and they make a significant difference

I don't doubt it, I would expect Sordins and regular elec. ear pro to be like night and day. I had a helluva time choosing between the Sordins and Peltor, I'm quite certain there's no bad choice.