SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grand Reserve Collection of Colt Pythons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grand Reserve Collection of Colt Pythons Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Local gun company, Shoot Straight has created a high end Brand of Colt Pythons. Labelled the Grand Reserve Collection.

Link Grand Reserve Collection

Grabbed a quick photo of the 3" inch model.

Stopped in today, they had sets of 3", 4" and 6 inch custom finished matching number sets on display. Stunning finish, beautiful guns, fully polished, engraved with both wood and white grips, and an Italian leather wrapped case with locking tumblers.

They are not inexpensive at $5,195 each, so it's not for everyone, it's a very well done presentation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
According to their website, the grips are plastic, not ivory.

Engraving is by laser.

Not sure about the polishing technique which has “never been done before on a gun,” according to their website. Hard to imagine there’s any polishing technique which hasn’t been done on a gun.

Not seeing the value in about a $4k premium over stock for a polish job, plastic grips, and a case

I get that they look pretty on first glance, but once you really look at them, and what $4k in grips/engraving can get you/that they are priced against Korth and Manhurin…

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking guns but I agree, that's a lot for some laser engraving and plastic. Shoot straight does get some interesting guns on their shelves from time to time and I have bought a few from them over the years.

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tarheelfan84
posted Hide Post
For the asking price vs what you are getting, it seems like a ripoff to me. Merry Christmas everyone.

Posts: 677 | Location: WNC  | Registered: March 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the custom, Italian leather case and certificate of authenticity.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally overpriced for what you get but they are beautiful to look at.
The engraving does nothing for me but I would like to get a set of those grips for my 3" Python.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:
The engraving does nothing for me but I would like to get a set of those grips for my 3" Python.

I’m sure you can buy some. Only $4k! Razz

Posts: 17172 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I really doubt these will ever have any collector value beyond the basic value of the factory gun. For those who understand my reference, this seems like a Franklin Mint type product.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah Plastic not Ivory, I was channeling Patton while typing that LOL

They are very nice looking, expensive no doubt, it's pretty tastefully done, the engraving isn't excessive.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:

I’m sure you can buy some. Only $4k! Razz

I've found a source for the grips and they're reasonably priced at only about $274. I may pick up a set eventually.

But the price of the grips really points out just how overpriced (IMO) the Grand Reserve Collection is.

https://www.eaglegrips.com/col...e-classic-grips.html

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post