SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lightning Strike new lower priced striker for P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightning Strike new lower priced striker for P365 Login/Join 
posted
Lightning Strike Products just introduced a new simpler designed P365 striker at a great reduction in price. We still make the original P365 striker that looks just like the Sig MIM part. Our new design is just as strong as LSPI's original design and a heck of a lot stronger than Sig's MIM striker. To make a milled 17-4 SS copy of Sig's MIM part takes a lot of machine time, thus much more expensive. After getting somewhat caught up on parts orders, LSPI decided to introduce the new designed striker. We have been testing the new design for about 2 months and feel absolutely confident that it is a great product! To answer questions about the changes Sig made and the compatibility of our strikers, LSPI made changes to the milled 17-4 SS P365 strikers back in May, even before Sig made changes. The radius of the pin was increased for even more strength. All LS P365 strikers work great in all Sig P365 guns, pre and post change. Note: There will be some primer swiping with any striker used as this is a result of the gun design (drop barrel). We have sold many hundreds of the milled strikers and have many hundreds of satisfied customers! Please check out the new P365-1 striker at www.LSPI.com Also, Brownells will be carrying the original LS striker for the P365! Look for it in a couple of weeks! Thanks!!

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your website needs work. Just go and try to look at products in the online store and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that P365 striker is found for sale at the site you linked, I can't find it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I found it after a few minutes of looking. I found one in Titanium for $99 and one made of steel for $69. The site is more GLOCK oriented. There lies the problem. Razz

http://www.lspi.com/products.html
Click on "Steel Strikers"

Then click on "View Items"
https://shop.lspi.com/Steel-Strikers_c11.htm

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How hard to install one of these?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Very simply. Easier than the P320 series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D5UW4KeJhg

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this striker the same weight as the factory part?

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
One more click than expected, but I didn't have any trouble finding them.

https://shop.lspi.com/Steel-St...-Pistols-LS-7365.htm

https://shop.lspi.com/Steel-St...design-LS-7365-2.htm

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So are these strikers still needed after the recent changes that Sig made to the pistol to fix the problems with the factory striker?

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
So are these strikers still needed after the recent changes that Sig made to the pistol to fix the problems with the factory striker?

I've not seen any reports of the redesigned striker breaking.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on the fence about ordering. My 365 has a bunch of rounds through it, no issues... yet.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:

I've not seen any reports of the redesigned striker breaking.

I'm wondering the same. With the reprofiled base of the firing pin I would think that the breakage problem has become a non-issue for SIG. Still there will always be folks who will never settle for MIM if a milled or forged solution is available. I would think that the dead trigger problem is more of a concern these days, and even with that issue it seems like there's a fix for that as well. At least there's not as much chatter about it here in August of 2018 as there was two or three months ago.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
It was really nice of you to raise the price of the cheaper striker from $69 to $99, and then remove the original striker from your website. And they have been on back order for quite a while now. Hell of a way to do business.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the original poster is reading or responding (or cares). 6 months to answer a question is a tad long.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The primer drag seems to be greatly reduced, thus probably meaning that MIM pin is fine, or at least closer to fine.

Having said that, I’m one of those who’d rather just replace it. I’m ok with certain components being MIM, but a striker/firing pin isn’t one of those parts.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post