SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone Have A S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Have A S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I bought a S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ a while back with the intention of it being my wife’s home defense gun. Finally got a chance to shoot it today at the range and was SHOCKED at how soft shooting this little thing was. It’s around the same size as a Ruger LC9 but the recoil seemed very tame compared to the Ruger.

Also not sure what kind of voodoo they used when creating the slide spring but that thing is also super easy to rack.

Overall was pretty impressed with this gun, does anyone else own one?

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
I do, and mine shoots very low. My other handguns do not. I Googled it and that is a very common complaint from owners. Does yours shoot to POA?

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiab:
I do, and mine shoots very low. My other handguns do not. I Googled it and that is a very common complaint from owners. Does yours shoot to POA?

Seemed to shoot right where I aimed it

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Seemed to shoot right where I aimed it

9mm and 380 for my wife, Both shoot incredibly soft and shoot POA/POI. Completely reliable although some have reported mag issues with the .380.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my wife a couple of years ago. She has just become interested in learning to shoot. I have let her shoot a variety of guns. We are in our late 60's and she has issues with working the slides on some pistols. I thought the EZ Shield in 9mm would be just the thing. She has no trouble with the slide, but frequently does not depress the grip safety enough. We have worked on it, but she has lost confidence in the gun. She has no trouble with the grip safety on several 1911's, but it pivots differently than the EZ shields. She is quite happy with my Sig 320 X5 and a Ruger MKIV. She is also trying a few revolvers.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:

Overall was pretty impressed with this gun, does anyone else own one?

As stated above I do, and there are several things I like about it, and a couple that I don't. It's lightweight, about the size I am looking for, the single stack grip feels good in my hand, am OK with the 8+1 cacapity, like the look of the sights, easy rack, grip safety is a plus, and probably some other things as well.

The two things I don't like are the very tuff slide release, it cannot be depressed by the thumb with a one handed grip like the other 50 or semi-auto handguns I have owned. You have to turn the gun sideways, and use both thumbs pressing down very hard to release it, or pull and release the slide. This difficulty is mentioned by several of the Youtube reviewers. Then there is the fact that this gun shoots low. I noticed that before I ever Googled it, and learned it was a common complaint. So apparently there is that issue with enough of the guns that it has attracted the internet's attention. None of my other handguns (revolvers and semi-autos) shoot low.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a late build date Shield E/Z 9 with fact night sights and no thumb safe the thing shoots great with the fact Amera glow night sights . the grip safe thing takes a few rounds to get use to .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post