SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    On a daily basis , who carries the longest barrel hand gun ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On a daily basis , who carries the longest barrel hand gun ? Login/Join 
posted
Not on the once a month hike or hunting trip.

I am talking about five days a week .
Either open carry or concealed.
Either on duty
Or off

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I suspect it'll be someone with a 6" 1911.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a Glock 34 with X300 Ultra appendix (Tier 1 Concealed MSP Pro Series holster) for the last six weeks. No issues with it. Great holster combined with great belt and properly fitted pants made it easy.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was young and stupid (Now I'm much older), I used to carry a 6" Model 27 in a Dirty Harry shoulder holster. Nowadays, when I feel the need for length, I carry either a Glock 34 or a PPQ 5" target model.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not right now. Summer weather so it's the Hellcat.
Longest barrel handgun I own and carry is the Glock 19X. Winter carry only.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carried a Glock G34 for a few years with Federal 9mm BPLE +P+. Daily, all seasons. Used a Sparks VM-2 IWB. Very comfortable. Eventually bought a couple of G19's and carry one of them now. Civilian, not LEO.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
For quite a while I carried a 5" 1911 in .40.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing larger than the 5 inch 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
When I lived in RI, there was this 5’-3” Cambodian guy named Pete who I saw at the range every weekend. He edc’d a .44 mag Desert Eagle in a shoulder holster. He was a hell of a shot and was having a bad day if he didn’t put them all in the 10 ring. This was at the Warwick police range where the targets were set at 75’. Story was that he owned a couple of jewelry stores and got sick of being robbed.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure this is relevant. But I carried a G34 for a decent amount of time. Because that was what I was shooting competitively and it made adhoc practice easier. BUT once I went to a red dot the barrel length mattered not a hoot and I went the other way. I can't imagine why one would go long, but hey each to his own.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the X300 Ultra is never off the gun (except for maintenance) and is longer than a 17, 19, of 45 slide so I find that there's really no downside to the long slide with the slight plus of less fouling on the light.

Very comfortable shooting the 17, 19, and 45 also.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I carried a Sig P220ST, 45cal and 5 mags at work for about 25 years.Open carry.
For CCW I carry a CZ Shadow SP01, 9mm, almost exclusively.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Let’s whip ‘em out and compare! Wait a minute…what was the question?

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ve carried a CZ 75B Omega with it’s 4.6” barrel. These days, though I’m carrying either a CZ 75 P-01 Omega or a Glock 45.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Currently I carry a G34.3 in my duty rig - a Safariland 6360 in a slight drop leg…

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
It's an 88 magnum

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

5" P220 Nitron Elite SAO 10mm.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

My daily carry is usually a custom 4 1/4" barreled combat commander. Lately, I'm gravitating toward a CZ P-01 9mm with a 3.9" barrel.

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Joker.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
For a period of time when I wore suits for a living I carried a full size 5 inch 1911. Thankfully that period in my life is over lol and I now work from home.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post