SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPK/S Gunsmiths ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPK/S Gunsmiths ? Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
Does anyone know of anyone of good reputation who still works on Walther PPK/S...PP/K? I'm buying a new one for carry and want Action work and smoothing dome....Thanks all...Yes, I know there are about 1300 better options.......Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I am not going to try and talk you out of your purchase. I happen to be a fan of the Walther PP family of firearms. Everything from old ones to new ones

I have never had action jobs done to any of my Walthers. If you fiddle with the DA trigger pull reliability can suffer

If you are looking to smooth it out, I recommend that you put a snap cap in the chamber and just keep pulling the trigger while your favorite News Show is on the air each night. If after thirty days you are not pleased with the trigger, then seek out a gunsmith.

BTW, one of the bonuses of doing this is that you will strengthen that trigger finger

Call Earl's Repair Service and talk about trigger work.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I changed out the recoil spring, firing pin spring and hammer spring and it really improved not only the feel of the gun, but reliability as well.

I have the S&W model. I'm going to have the sharp edges on the tang polished off.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I bought a bunch of .22 in the Walmart close out sale and have been thinking of what to buy to shoot it.
One of these in .22 looks a lot cooler than the modern options.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I bought a bunch of .22 in the Walmart close out sale and have been thinking of what to buy to shoot it.
One of these in .22 looks a lot cooler than the modern options.
I bought one of the 22sw in nickel just to use with a supressor.

It was about the same price as sending one of my European Walther 22s off to get the barrel threaded and extended.

Lots of people knock the new 22 since it is made by GSG, but I have found it to be totally reliable and well worth the money

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've got one of the new Fort Smith ppks and other than the edges of the grip tang being a bit sharp I like it a lot. I've had one failure to feed, but I'm about 90% sure it was on me. I'd been shooting a while and had gotten a bit lazy with the grip. PPK doesn't have a whole lot of slide travel and is pretty susceptible to limp wristing.

Before you send one off, I second the opinion to either shoot or dryfire the crap out of one. My DA pull is still pretty heavy, but it's smooth and short. The SA pull is actually pretty nice. There's only so much leverage to work with in the design. I have no first hand knowledge, but I've heard more than once that the PPK is one design that tends to have issues if you mess with the trigger pull very much.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I believe Cylinder and Slide does.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post