SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    RMR choice help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RMR choice help Login/Join 
posted
Just got a Glock 40 MOS and want to add a red dot sight. I've narrowed the choice to Leupold Deltapoint Pro 2.5moa or Trijicon RM06 3.5moa. The pistol will be a hiking companion in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It will also see plenty of range time. There is the outside chance I would Hunt with it. I would love some help with this decision. May I please tap the great Sigforum knowledge bank for a little advice.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Mine currently have a Trijicon and a Burris.

If Cabelas still has their Trijicon RMR at 45% off, I'd get that one.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I can get either for about $350 if I act quickly. I think they are both quality sights. Not sure which way to jump.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hamfisted
posted Hide Post
I use the Trijicons. They've always been great and kinda set the standard. If you do get a Trijicon I would highly recommend getting the "waterproof" shim plate that they sell as an accessory. It will help keep moisture out of the unit and hold the battery tight, so you don't run into any unwanted battery issues when you need it.

-Mike

Trijicon Waterproof Seal Plate on Amazon

Posts: 270 | Location: Ft Lauderdale | Registered: October 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to 38Super and Hamfisted for your advice. I missed out on the Trijicon. It was out of stock at Cabela's so I bought the Leupold which I'm hoping will make me happy.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
Thanks to 38Super and Hamfisted for your advice. I missed out on the Trijicon. It was out of stock at Cabela's so I bought the Leupold which I'm hoping will make me happy.

I know 20+ dudes running a Delta Point Pro in competition, I know 2 running a RMR. The DP is a great sight with a big window. The 2.5 dot is super bright and it doesn't have the flicker issues that the RMR can have.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must vary by area. I see 20 rmr for each deltapoint. And if your game is steel or speed you want a bigger dot. Fwiw

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11007 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The Deltapoint Pro is interesting, I wouldn't get another micro red dot that you have to remove to replace the battery. Looks like some places have really good pricing on them. Not much in the way of mounts or info on them.

Posts: 9974 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the Glock, get this:

https://www.amazon.com/Trijico...P1TP4HB8A9C35Q7S5399

it's the sealing plate and two shorter screws needed for MOS guns.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post