SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Sauer P225/A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer P225/A1 Login/Join 
Picture of Slugo
posted
Looking at selling my P229/9mm Nitron. Would like to have more of a slim compact. Any comments or thoughts appreciated.

Posts: 59 | Registered: June 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Shop for a P245 if you can find one.

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Look for a P220 9mm.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
P220 9mm: Slim - Yes, Compact - No! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8969 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with a Sig P225A1.
pic uploader

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for something slimmer than the P229 but roughly the same size the P225A1 is an exdellent choice. I absolutely love mine. Matter of fact I love it so much I sold my P225 classic. The A1 fits my hand better and had a better DA stroke straight out of the box.

It has been accurate and reliable for me. I think Sig hit a home run with this one. I got the "classic carry" version with the stripe down the slide, the two-tone G-10 grips, three mags, and short reset trigger for under $750 delivered.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a P239?

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both...an M11A1 and more recently, a P225A1. The latter has the best feeling grip I've found on any Sig DA/SA pistol. It feels a bit shorter, front to back than my German built P220, as well. It's also a bit more accurate than either, in my hands. I like it a lot, carry it more often than either the M11 or P220 but do wish it had another couple rounds available.

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 731 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent to you, if you might be looking for a great P225 A1.

Posts: 508 | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the 225a1 is one of the finest Sig’s out there. I own 2 and they both have outstanding triggers out of the box. On my user 225a1 I switched out the stock red DAK mainspring to a more normal strength spring and it is easily the best da/SA stock trigger I have ever gotten out of the box. The ergos are great and while on paper the smaller dimensions don’t seem like much it is a much handier gun to me than my 228’s.

Someone will wax rhapsodic about 5ge original 225 but I think this is better. (Except for goofy mag baseplate).

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the P225-A1. Would love to see an all stainless version

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my 225-A1, now lets see if someone will build us a magazine that won't waste any space in that grip....

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love my 225-A1, now lets see if someone will build us a magazine that won't waste any space in that grip...
Yep, just two more rounds would be great....Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 731 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a 225-A1. I was looking for a bit thinner than the 229, but I've not actually measured it. My first trip to the range will be tomorrow. I would like to see some wood grips become available.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P225 and love it. I also have the P225-A1. It is a modified P239. It fits in every p239 holster I have. It shoots great and I love it too. It does not, however replace the original classic p225. I wish, and I hope that Sig or someone else would fill the empty space at the bottom of the magazine to accomidate10 rounds. I just can not see a reason why not to...

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of it. I've never found a small gun I like to shoot. It's not small or light, but compared to 228/229/M11-A1 it's better for carry.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20849 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
My Sig P 225 A-1 has been part of my EDC rotation for a while now, great single stack, feels fantastic in hand, similar to the 1911 grip, which is perfect in my opinion, the P225 A-1 has an awesome trigger, and crisp reset, night sights and G-10 grips, only 8 rounds, but the way it carries and the accuracy make up for the lack fire power,

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 225 a1. I wish the m11 had the front and rear grip checkering that the 225a1 has. The 225a1 has a great grip, great trigger etc. the only thing missing is a 10 round mag.

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
It is an excellent pistol and fit my hand very well, much better than a 239. Mine is extremely accurate soft shooter. Easy to carry everyday and I usually carry at least one and most times two extra magazines. Since you have a 229 already, you will be use to the Sig manual of arms and operation. Go for it.

Posts: 3958 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normally I'd say go with a P239 but now that they are discontinued, no. I worry about parts for discontinued guns. I haven't tried the M11A1 but it looks like a good option.

DPR

Posts: 658 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post